Software > HFS ~ HTTP File Server

Sometimes the program is buggy ver. 2.3m build 300

(1/5) > >>

surikat:
Sometimes the program is buggy. I can't even open the program from a minimized ! This happens when I often use browsers, open instant messengers and much more .. The program just stops working. What could be the reason ? After restarting the PC, everything is fine. Maybe it's time to reinstall the operating system? I use the latest version of 2.3 m build 300

bmartino1:
Sounds like a resource management problem on your end. Hfs required a lot of ram. Instant messenger is also high resource intensive. It not a surprise to see hfs slow down based on what your doing along side hfs...

surikat:
Have one RAM card in 4 GB. Busy like no more than 50%.
I will try to install another card 4 GB in two threads.
I think 8 GB is the ceiling! I'm not playing games.

bmartino1:
1-2 gb to get the windows open off the ground.
1-2 gb for hfs alone(this doesn't include multiple connections from 4+ PC, general lan use.

chrome can take 512mb-2gb ram
Instant messenger at Mon is 640-1gb
All dependant on what your doing and how your PC handles the resources. I've seen hfs with my max bandwith and a totlat of 100+ connection hot 8 gb. That just a baseline.

The point I'm making is your running a literal server, serves require resource, when you take from that resouce they don't act right.

A Mon for your PC these day should be 8gb (as most software developer and antivirus/office application no longer care about the min or max resource. And I can almost guarantee if you were to run all the app you'd run out of the resources.

You can cheat for speed with the page file(use your hd for ram)...
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/simple-ways-to-increase-your-computers-performace-configuring-the-paging-file/amp/

But physical ram is better. Also if your hitting 50% anything your PC at it maximum load, anything else and things starting fighting for resource.

rejetto:

--- Quote from: surikat on December 21, 2018, 03:42:23 PM ---Sometimes the program is buggy. I can't even open the program from a minimized ! This happens when I often use browsers, open instant messengers and much more .. The program just stops working. What could be the reason ? After restarting the PC, everything is fine. Maybe it's time to reinstall the operating system? I use the latest version of 2.3 m build 300

--- End quote ---

1. how often does it happen?
2. what if you just kill the program (task manager) instead of rebooting your pc?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version