rejetto forum

A little bug about loading vfs file

Garphy · 26 · 10667

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
well, i'd need to know if the corruption problem persists though the AV was fixed.... anyone?

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
rejetto,

Well I didn't have a corrupt vfs in 102 and I didn't have a corrupt vfs in 103.  Some in this thread said they did with 102.  You will have to wait till one of them tests it again in 103.
maverick

Offline Garphy

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

Offline Garphy

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

Kalle B.

well, i'd need to know if the corruption problem persists though the AV was fixed.... anyone?

Everything is exactly the same here with 104 now as it was with 102 before but without the Access violation...I'm sorry I missed the build 103 which had this AV already fixed.

I was able to slow my PC down enough so that I'm actually able to click the Cancel button with my mouse. This also causes the vfs to corrupt. The contents of a corrupted vfs file look in notepad like this:

Code: [Select]
       HFS.VFS                2.2 beta1      104      ¦.r   &                  *.htm;*.html;*.css

Kalle B.

For comparison here's exactly same amount of characters from the working vfs file as is the full lenght of the corrupted file. That <table width="100 is the beginning or by root comment in case you're wondering...

HFS.VFS                2.2 beta1      104      )š±²   ‚              T  <table width="100
       HFS.VFS                2.2 beta1      104      ¦.r   &                  *.htm;*.html;*.css

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
can someone send me the corrupted vfs ?
it may be useful.
if you use any password in hfs, don't send it publically because it may contain that password.

Offline Garphy

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

Kalle B.

That's exactly the same file as my corrupted vfs file..checked with SFV checksum. Perhaps some kind of default empty vfs file?

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
That's exactly the same file as my corrupted vfs file..checked with SFV checksum. Perhaps some kind of default empty vfs file?
It is an empty vfs file, i downloaded the corrupted one and compared it to mine which I cleared everything from.(hits, totals, files)