rejetto forum

Can use Borland Delphi 6 compile sources ?

HULEN · 8 · 7803

Offline HULEN

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Because I can't use new Turbo Delphi.

So, can use Borland Delphi 6 compile sources ?

And, can arrange the will use Third Party ?

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i used delphi 6 till a year ago.
i can't tell you how the compiling with delphi6 is at the current stage, because i have no delphi6 on my computer.

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
The danger is to see versions pirate of hfs with bugs or viruses, it is preferable that only rejetto is capable of compiling hfs exept to help him to developphis program

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
If I would have wanted such restrictions I would not have published HFS as free software.

Even if you don't have source code for Photoshop, if you download it from a pirate website, it may contain viruses/malware.
So, if you want safe software, the point is: take it from a trusted software provider.

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I'am with rejetto in this point.

I will add some comment at this point for site-builders.

There are many sites that offer download of programs. If you want that your visitors have access to some good programs, don't offer the download from your server: Make a good comment and offer a link to the homepage of the author or/and the source. If the authors server can't serve to all people because of high demand, there you will surely find mirrors. By doing so, your visitors will have access all time to the newest version and best information.

If you have a clumsy friend that won't find the way with the links because of different language, download it and serve it for him only. Once he has downloaded  the file, delete it!
your computer has no brain - use your own !

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
It is indeed what I hoped to hear (thanks to rejetto and bacter)

The purpose is to make the community of hfs prosper through the forum as the SilentPliz  fact it in its French-style translations:http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=5173.msg1030362#msg1030362

If the purpose is quite other, and that it is necessary to appropier the work of rejetto by modifying his sources, and to create a concurent of hfs under another logo then I get indignant very strongly at this mentality.

Where from my a little bit severe warning in the first message.

Even I, who am able to compile hfs by using trickery a little, I am not certain about the reliability of this compilation and I use it only in purposes of test.

What would be the short-term ideal, it is to be able to use an external file to adapt the menus and the messages of hfs in the  language wished of highly-rated administrator. Of highly-rated user it is enough to adapt templates.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 11:06:20 PM by mars »

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Maybe, if demand gets higher, HFS could again use Sourceforge to provide downloads. It has used SF in the past I think...
http://worldipv6launch.org - The world is different now.

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I approve mars's proposal of external file for all text and messages, also i think rejetto has it already in his plans.

A way to implement it could be doing it in two steps:
- Create global vars with a good naming system, being each a set of two values.
First value is a mnemonic, that can later be used to identify values in external file, the second value is the displayed text.
:: me3_hidefolder = {me3_hdfldr,'Hide folder'} ...

- Use progressivly this system in new functions and when changing existing ones.
Later, when already avanced, you can read an external file than contains a set of mnemonic-value. If in the external file the mnemonic exists, the value will be assigned, else the internal value will be used. That has the advantage, that if hfs grows with new texts, there would be no problem if the language files aren't inmediatly updated.

your computer has no brain - use your own !