rejetto forum

uploading documents and such

4bddn · 4 · 4580

Offline 4bddn

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
new to this forum and software.  just playing around with it, so please bear with my stupidity  :)  is there a right-click option on a file to directly upload to a hfs server?  also, is there a script for an initial login?  thanks

Offline 4bddn

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
helps by reading the manual.  heres one for you...can i use a right-click script on a computer that isnt running hfs?  i have 1 computer that i set up as the server/file storage.  can i use this shell integration on other computers without installing hfs?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 03:45:55 PM by 4bddn »

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
No, from a computer that is not the server, you can only upload through the webpage that you get from the hfs server.
Installing hfs on other computers won't help: with the right-click option you would only add the file to the virtual file system of the new server.
your computer has no brain - use your own !

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
there's not limit on making such thing, but i don't know of a software that would work this case, so an option for you is to make it yourself.
i know of a similar existing solution, but only using FTP, not HTTP.
this is an easier way: consider installing an FTP server beside HFS, and having upload folders served by FTP.
so people will actually upload by FTP, but these files will be available through HFS.