rejetto forum

Video Support in HFS using VLC ready

mysoogal · 94 · 100357

Offline slasherx

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
v1.2
- Added rollover for file system with other minor changes.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 11:44:04 AM by slasherx »

Offline mysoogal

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
nice  ;D

i think if the video is encoded right you can fast forward but i think it will only work on firefox browser  :o and your connection has to be kinda fast.

if you want to switch between the players, you will need to have some type of mootool content switch script or jqurey content switch script.

or maybe  just simple ajax tabs to switch between div ? something like that its possible.

Offline slasherx

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
nice  ;D

i think if the video is encoded right you can fast forward but i think it will only work on firefox browser  :o and your connection has to be kinda fast.

if you want to switch between the players, you will need to have some type of mootool content switch script or jqurey content switch script.

or maybe  just simple ajax tabs to switch between div ? something like that its possible.

What i noticed is with divx player, it keeps downloading the movie as it plays.

With VLC it only download little, it downlands little then stops then u reach a point where you are watching it and then starts downloading again. I think if we can get vlc to keep downloading, the fast forward should work. i'm guessing it downloads couple seconds then plays and keeps downloading in couple seconds interval like 10secs at a time or something.

Offline mysoogal

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
yes i also, notice that often.  :o it might be just downloading chunks of data then it puts this file to temp folder from there it reads that video file. or maybe it doesn't even save that file to temp folder.

i think it is the web servers issue more then anything  ;D

HTTP Progressive Download versus Streaming Media

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_download#HTTP_Progressive_Download_versus_Streaming_Media

i think apache2 and lighty web server have module for h.264 streaming which will allow you to seek ahead in the video file. but i havn't looked into this.

their is also a php script that does this enables you to seek in flv or avi files. i think vlc is not the issue here :O more to do with web server setups.

oh yh i'm running on xp 64 ! its much better then 32 bit. :O  ;D

Offline slasherx

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
yes i also, notice that often.  :o it might be just downloading chunks of data then it puts this file to temp folder from there it reads that video file. or maybe it doesn't even save that file to temp folder.

i think it is the web servers issue more then anything  ;D

HTTP Progressive Download versus Streaming Media

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_download#HTTP_Progressive_Download_versus_Streaming_Media

i think apache2 and lighty web server have module for h.264 streaming which will allow you to seek ahead in the video file. but i havn't looked into this.

their is also a php script that does this enables you to seek in flv or avi files. i think vlc is not the issue here :O more to do with web server setups.

oh yh i'm running on xp 64 ! its much better then 32 bit. :O  ;D

ya divx player for sure does that, downloads it to temp folder and reads it from there, you can even click save once its finishes the downloading.

I think its vlc read it from temp aswell but we need to set option for buffer size, maybe we can try playing with that. maybe this 5 represents 5% or 5seconds.
var VLC_controller_default_buffersize = "5";

this.options.set("http-caching", parseInt(VLC_controller_default_buffersize) * 1000);
this.options.set("udp-caching", parseInt(VLC_controller_default_buffersize) * 1000);
this.options.set("http-reconnect", "true");

edit: so i found more code in vlccontrols seems like its 5 seconds
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 10:10:56 PM by slasherx »

Offline mysoogal

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile

this seems to be the 5 second pre-buffer settings , it fills video data chunk for 5 seconds before it plays video. you can notice this when you play video files from hfs it takes a while for video to start. if you change the option from 5 to 0 it will play without waiting for the buffer chunk to fill then play.  ???

i think i asked this Q before in the vlc forums, nobody wanted to help i really hate those forums full of empty air heads  :D

Offline slasherx

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

this seems to be the 5 second pre-buffer settings , it fills video data chunk for 5 seconds before it plays video. you can notice this when you play video files from hfs it takes a while for video to start. if you change the option from 5 to 0 it will play without waiting for the buffer chunk to fill then play.  ???

i think i asked this Q before in the vlc forums, nobody wanted to help i really hate those forums full of empty air heads  :D

lol ya i set it to 0 starts right away, plus pauses right away as well if you pause. if you set buffer size to 5 it pauses 5seconds or so later.

i wonder if we there is another vlc widget made somewhere on web.

Offline mysoogal

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
there probably is, maybe in another language.  ??? hard to find out since the vlc forum seem to not keep any track of people using the vlc plugin  >:(

im trying to figure how to add srt with the javascript :O

i found out its much easier to just use mkvtools and merg avi + srt = mkv so when you stream video it shows subtitles :D

i wonder if there is a youtube clone that uses only vlc plugin, tried so many times to start a php clone that uses vlc but got nowhere near it.  :-X

Offline slasherx

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
there probably is, maybe in another language.  ??? hard to find out since the vlc forum seem to not keep any track of people using the vlc plugin  >:(

im trying to figure how to add srt with the javascript :O

i found out its much easier to just use mkvtools and merg avi + srt = mkv so when you stream video it shows subtitles :D

i wonder if there is a youtube clone that uses only vlc plugin, tried so many times to start a php clone that uses vlc but got nowhere near it.  :-X

found these
http://just-do-it.no-ip.org/_Video/THE_SKY_AT_NIGHT/vlc_control.html - this one has fast fordward which actually works

http://people.videolan.org/~dionoea/vlc-plugin-demo/index.php

Offline mysoogal

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
http://just-do-it.no-ip.org/_Video/THE_SKY_AT_NIGHT/vlc_control.html

thanks you reminded me of this website, i know this website :O

always wondered if i can change video from 4:3 to 16:9 to etc through the javascript

i will have to look more into this i want this option in the vlc theme  ;D im sick from 4:3 freaking youtube crap

Offline mysoogal

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
found another website, veetle.com that uses vlc with p2p very much my idea from 2006 if only i could've coded things back then i'll be rich by now  ;D

anyways when you install their vlc plugin, you will see they also added the option to change screen ratio, thats what i wanted, it seems veetle and me are destined to meet. haaa  ;D

Offline slasherx

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
found another website, veetle.com that uses vlc with p2p very much my idea from 2006 if only i could've coded things back then i'll be rich by now  ;D

anyways when you install their vlc plugin, you will see they also added the option to change screen ratio, thats what i wanted, it seems veetle and me are destined to meet. haaa  ;D

hmm nice, are you going to try to copy it.

Offline mysoogal

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
it looks like i already did hahaha

i figured it was pretty simple to take apart using firebug and ie developer tools,

its on my site mysoogal dot com but i will take it down shortly im bored from it. the uploaders have very low bandwidth. so each stream channel has low bandwidth. but i saw little of The Red Cliff that chiense movie it was interesting but not worth to mess around with. i think the vlc bittorrent issue, has been fixed. i will post later what it is. but it seems to work only if you have DNA client installed :O

Offline mysoogal

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
bittorrent support on the vlc player, but ! DNA client need be installed

http://127.0.0.1/proxy?qos=100000&url=http://download.bittorrent.com/dl/BitTorrent-4.27.2.dmg&service=min_rate_data

in bold, just change it to hfs full url code, and add the other missing part

Offline slasherx

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Added Divxplayer in spawn box support along with VLC.

-------------------------------------------------------
VLC Version 1.3
-------------------------------------------------------
- Added Spawnbox
- Added divx player support
- Added Rawr player support
- Changed VLC Player Icons

Need help with bugs below.
- Bugs: Couldn't get image preview working in IE, worked fine in Firefox. (Need to adjust //Fade fuction in tog.js
- Couldn't get spawn box to spawn top of the screen or in middle of viewable area, only shows half - have to scroll.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 07:05:07 AM by slasherx »