rejetto forum

Exception

shro · 5 · 4403

Offline shro

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
HFS used to work perfectly fine until a little while ago. I can browse it from my own computer, but the server doesn't resolve from any other computer. I also get this ExceptionsLog with the following:

############# ERROR ON: 1/24/2007 1:28:15 AM
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\hfs.exe
Access violation at address 004D32BB in module 'hfs.exe'. Read of address 00000044
HFS 2.0
----------------------------------------------------------------
System   : Windows XP Home Edition, Version: 5.1, Build: A28, "Service Pack 2"
Processor: Intel, Pentium 4, 1790 MHz MMX
Display  : 1280x960 pixels, 16 bpp
Product Versions

hfs.exe: Build: 0 7/7/2006 12:04:44 AM
### END LOG

Any idea what's going on? Whenever I run the self-test, I get an error saying that the server cannot be reached. I know I'm not behind a firewall, and I bypassed my router. I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything right as I've successfully gotten HFS to work before.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Shro.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
the self-test says the truth, as you see.
the fact your router configuration was working before means it is now misconfigured, or some other problem arose. the problem is on your system, no wonder, so double check your router.

as for the bug, you are using an old version, update, lots of bug fixed since then.

Offline shro

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I'm still not getting it to work. I tried all some other programs like baby web server and baby ftp server, but none of them are working either. I completely bypassed my router, and I'm directly connected to my Ethernet port. I'm in the dorms, so the only reason I had a router was to function as a hub so I could connect more than one computer. I was thinking it could have been an incompatibly with it's software and my firewall, but I just can't figure out what it is. It's like I have an invisible firewall other than the XP firewall that won't let me access any ports! Well, except the internet, obviously.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
the fact you bypassed ONE router doesn't mean you are directly connected to the internet.
you may be behind 10 routers, and you bypassed only one.
if you are in a university probably you just can't bypass or configure the router you are behind. i'm sorry.

Offline Blackrider

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Don't want to interrupt, but maybe your pc has got an other internal IP adres, so your router does not reconize your pc?

On the other hand if you have an exception, maybe you can make a new HFS server from the beginning so you are sure it is not the server that is fucked up ;)