Testing build #282

rejetto · 30 · 41764

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
download @ www.dovedove.it/hfs/hfs282.exe

what's new
+ TAR OEM file names introduced in #280 now turned into option (under "other options")
- unreadable font in "accounts" [link]
- "don't count as download" doesn't affect logging of "fully downloaded"
- [upload-results] is needed but should not [link]
- self-test doesn't say it doesn't work with https [link]
- hanging with 100% CPU with {.get account.} and {.set account.} [link]
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 10:36:36 PM by rejetto »

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile

Offline tudor81

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
downloaded russian folder, name of folder is ok, but names of files in it :-[ see screenshot
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 09:18:27 AM by tudor81 »

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile
Hi tudor81!

Try with the new feature:

Menu > Other options > OEM file names for TAR archives

checked = OEM
Unchecked = ANSI
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 01:15:03 PM by SilentPliz »

Offline tudor81

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi tudor81!

Try with the new feature:

Menu > Other options > OEM file names for TAR archives

checked = OEM
Unchecked = ANSI

thanks all is fine now ;)

Offline Marathon

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Is there any way to add a Log Out button?

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
sadly not.
already discussed, search the forum.

Offline Edu

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
In # 282 I found that if you create a directory whose name is 0 or 00, the folder window from the right, also named it HOME, although it works correctly.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
thanks for reporting, will be fixed in next release

Offline Matt2468rv

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi. For me, HFS isn't saving the file system and settings properly anymore, even though I go through and save the file system then the settings to file, registry (current user), and registry (all users) every time I use HFS, and I also have it set to automatically save the settings.

It seems as if HFS only remembers the settings that I gave it when I first set it up.  The hard drives and folders are there, but the hard drives revert to their original drive letter, and don't retain the name I gave them.  This is true even when I load the file system that I saved.  The folder permissions also revert back to what I originally set them to when I first ran HFS, and I have to re-select my HTML template whenever I start HFS or else it looks all screwed up.

I'd rather not have to go through and change all these settings every time I start HFS... Could someone lead me in the right direction?  ???

Offline raybob

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • FileSplat.com
Folders and folder permissions are part of the VFS, not HFS settings (hfs.ini) so try saving the VFS or enabling auto-save.

Offline Matt2468rv

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi. For me, HFS isn't saving the file system and settings properly anymore, even though I go through and save the file system then the settings to file, registry (current user), and registry (all users) every time I use HFS, and I also have it set to automatically save the settings.

It seems as if HFS only remembers the settings that I gave it when I first set it up.  The hard drives and folders are there, but the hard drives revert to their original drive letter, and don't retain the name I gave them.  This is true even when I load the file system that I saved.  The folder permissions also revert back to what I originally set them to when I first ran HFS, and I have to re-select my HTML template whenever I start HFS or else it looks all screwed up.

I'd rather not have to go through and change all these settings every time I start HFS... Could someone lead me in the right direction?  ???

Turns out I needed to run HFS as an administrator, since I placed it in program files.  Got it all resolved now and it works great, thanks  :)

Offline salmanshah

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
So, any plan on updating/upgrading the build version? Because this version has so many bugs and not solved yet.

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile
So, any plan on updating/upgrading the build version? Because this version has so many bugs and not solved yet.

Hi ! :)

"many bugs"... What bugs?

... be clearer, this topic is here for that.