rejetto forum

Lets get our shit together

Guest · 8 · 3700

woot

So ive been using HFS for awhile and have been keeping an eye on the forums where alot of work has been done to get VLC integrated into the browser....which could be perfect...if only I could figure out which one I need!!!

Basically what Im proposing is a sub forum of the templates section dedicated only to the streaming nature of the templates with stickies of what we know and the templates and which does what best

As a side note, Ive been trying to get HFS to use the RAWR template (for streaming music) and then in my video folder ive renamed a template file to hfs.diff and it wants to work but doesnt connect with vlc (this is the type of thing which a sub-forum would be perfect for)

Offline TCube

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
 ;D

ยง 2 : reminds me of an idea throwned up in the air ... main difference seems to 2 be your colorful language.
TC
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 06:12:56 AM by TCube »
Make it idiot-proof and I will make a better idiot

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
I don't think its necessary, the traffic in the template board is still not high enough for separate child board and topics.

In any case the vlc plugin is dodgy. I am still waiting for a someone to come up with a neat solution for streaming AVI/MKV. But it is looking like we'll have to wait until HTML5 or for DivX Web Player to work with MKV along with a couple of other bugs fixed.

Search the internet, you will find the general feeling toward the VLC plugin is that its not very good.

As for a VLC template, there is only one that works ok that I know of, and it is built on the ToG from memory http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=7161.75

This thread keeps a list of decent and fully functional shared templates to date.
http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=7199.0
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 06:46:48 AM by TSG »

Offline TCube

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Woot says :
So ive been using HFS for awhile and have been keeping an eye on the forums

& TSG your answer is mostly too simplified (i'm just teasing hein ?  ;) :
either Search the internet or look at my template

Woot, discution was already open there http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=7162.0.

I second your motion for a sub forum 8)
TC

Edit : TSG
I am still waiting for a someone to come up with a neat solution for streaming AVI/MKV.
 ... well, that makes 3 of us
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 07:21:38 AM by TCube »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
many of the streaming posts talk about the rawr player, isn't it?
where should this posts stay, in the "streaming" board, or in the "rawr" board ?
eg. if i'm searching for stuff about streaming, once i go to the streaming board, how will i know i'm missing many posts, because they are in the "rawr" board ? after i know, this board makes less sense than it should since it doesn't collect all it is supposed to.
i think it's only apparently a good way to go.
don't consider it a war. it would be very easy for me to open a subboard, and would take much less pain than discussing it. if i do, i truly see something bad in it.

to collect all the good stuff about streaming, we may even use a single sticky post, with links to the topics/posts.
is tcube interested in handling such topic?
everyone who wants to contribute can reply to the topic,
and eventually tcube can integrate the stuff in the first topic, and click "report to moderator" to get the post deleted once it is integrated.
if tcube or anyone else agrees, i can just make the topic sticky once it is created.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 09:50:56 AM by rejetto »

Offline TCube

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Hey Rejetto !?!  don't look at me ! I'm in no part member of the "green stars border patrol"   :o

I would be really interested and with much pleasure 2 handle such a topic "Hot and Sticky Post about Streaming" (that's the name U had in mind ? ;D)

Sadly I 'm less than able to test all solutions as I use before ('round Sept. 2009) and that for some good reasons (moving back 2 Paris, get ride off my present "typewriter" and get my own computer back, etc.  :-[)

But I'm not saying "No" ... "I can help" is all what I can say.
TC

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
I agree a quality sticky topic on streaming is very good idea.

Just point people with issues using RAWR-Player to us and we'll see what we can do. Same goes for people using our templates and their integrated streaming problems. Its just easier if it stays localised in our board. But we don't mind open discussion of course.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 09:27:48 AM by TSG »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
nice.
so, open your topic TCube :)

@mars
was this meant to be the topic we are now talking about?
http://www.rejetto.com/forum/?topic=7587