rejetto forum

HFS 2.3 disk is made accessible to other users on the network as real folders

Offline professor35

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
HTTP File Server 2.2f is no problem to 3 disks (employing 1.20 Tb) to make available to other users on the network as real folders.

HFS (2.3 bild 260) can separate folder, even with the volume of 233GB to make available to other users on the network as real folders, their browser can be viewed, if the disk is made accessible to other users on the network as real folders and open your browser you can see only those folders that are less than 7 GB.

What am I doing wrong, help!

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline professor35

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
 I am using Firefox 3.6.3, Maxthon 3,  Opera 10.54, Internet Explorer 8, Google Chrome 5, but the problem remained. >:(

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
what does happen with the big folders?
hfs hangs? is the cpu high? is the hard disk activity intense?

Offline professor35

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
HFS (2.3 Bild 260) hard disks = real folders
big folders> 7 GB is not visible,
HFS working normally,
cpu running normally,
the hard disk not intense activity.

example
hard disk D = real folder http://159.148.226.201/D%3A/

hard disk D = virtual folder http://159.148.226.201/D%3A%20(2)/

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
HFS (2.3 Bild 260) hard disks = real folders
big folders> 7 GB is not visible,

Just a thought... in the virtual file system of HFS, right click on a big folder that contains files >7 GB.  Select Properties.  Did you give access to people you wanted to have access to those files/folders?  If people don't have access, they won't see the folder in the browser (if menu -> virtual file system -> list protected items only for allowed users is selected).
maverick

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
your server is not currently working at that address, so i cannot check it.
how many files do you have in this big folders? because i just tested with a 40GB folder, and had no problems.

Offline professor35

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I as and You give access to my HDD, too when been folders>40 GB and this folders not see!

I think you didnt understand me.When I give access to my disk (HDD)  as virtual folder I have no problems with access to folders, but HFS startup is more thon 1 min and it is overloading my CPU. And when I try to give access to my disk (HDD) as real folder other usery can see only those folders that are less than 7 GB. In big folders I have lot of subfolders and files. If your test is ok, can you write me step by step what I meed to do to salve my problem. 

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
real folder is how i tried, and it worked fine to me.
i did nothing special, added the drive as real folder. i doubt the problem is in HOW you do it.
copy and paste the content of one of these folders that's not working as real folder, so we have more informatin.