rejetto forum

Unknown IP keeps contacting my server every 5 mins

Offline Matt2468rv

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hello.  I set up HFS earlier last week, and I have a "mystery IP" that keeps contacting my server.  All it does is request the homepage, as if it's checking the status of my server every 5 mins.  For example, in the log it says something like "192.168.1.7:##### Requested GET /", and that happens once about every 5 mins or so.  I do use no-ip.com to keep my dynamic IP up to date, and I have the no-ip client installed on my PC that periodically checks if my dynamic external IP has changed, so could that be causing it?  I don't quite see how it would be though.  Any help here would be appreciated, and I'm currently at a loss where this is coming from.  ???

Offline crazyboris

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
192.168.1.x is a computer inside your own lan.

just goto your router and look at clientlist and you can see witch computer it is.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline Matt2468rv

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Thanks for the replies!  However, i have checked the IP's of the attached devices on my router even before posting here. There are never any local devices connected to my router with that IP.  Hence the "mystery" IP.  :P  I can't ping this IP and it doesn't show up while using ARP from the command line.  Still trying to figure this out  ???

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile