Software > Beta

Out of Memory

(1/7) > >>

FTNCmedia:
Hi All,

I am using the 275 build to run a media server. After a fresh new install of Windows 7 Ultimate, 8GB RAM, HFS 2.3 #275, and 48hrs of running I received the error " Out of Memory". I have had 200,000 Total Hits, 1800 downloads, and 800GB out. Is it just too busy? Is there a way to increase the memory used?

rejetto:
1. how many times did it happen?
2. check how much memory is actually HFS using on the task manager
3. enable Menu > debug > show memory usage, so that you can keep an eye on it

FTNCmedia:
Thank you for getting back to me so fast Rejetto...

1. how many times did it happen?
twice in a 12 hr period
2. check how much memory is actually HFS using on the task manager
232,000K!
3. enable Menu > debug > show memory usage, so that you can keep an eye on it
(I did the debug>show mem...so now what is the magic 'crash' number that I should be worried about?)

Thx again. Other than this issue, this program is great and easy to use. I love it and I had tried about 10 different programs trying to mimic what you have done here and no one comes close! :)

Also, I found out if you want certain things to not run in the background like .Net compilers and such , loop a song over and over on mute (if you want) and that will keep the idle services from running and taking up 90-100% of the CPU. I am sure you already knew this but thought it may be helpful for others to read. Thx again! 

crazyboris:
i got this "out of memory" to many times.
is your .vfs (file systemfile) file removed when this happend?
or does this only happend to me?

FTNCmedia:
@Crazyboris

no my .VFS was still there and loaded fine after I received the "out of memory" notice. Since the last post, I restarted my server and reset the memory back down to normal. It has ran like 2 hrs or so and it is back up to 160,000K. Do you know what number your crashed at?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version