rejetto forum

Testing build #270

rejetto · 36 · 32199

Offline Ufo36

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
First i converted the Drive to NTFS. Now Uploading works much faster than before. Moving works fine too, but i always have to use whole Path for example /D:/MP3, even when all Folders are on D. But this doesn't bother me at all. Maybe my problems occured, because i added the whole drive to HFS and thought, that the Permissions are guilty for all Subfolders.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
@ufo36
if the file is very big, fat32 cannot hold it, and even moving it with a file manager (like windows explorer) would fail.
if it works now with your ntfs, i guess that was the problem.

Moving works fine too, but i always have to use whole Path for example /D:/MP3, even when all Folders are on D.

you mean you are typing the whole path when you are asked for the destination folder?
i think relative paths should work too, but if the folder is outside this one, and not just a subfolder, then you have to start by ../
in your case this may not be actually a saving.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
1 - This will require additional settings to administrators (for include users in the choosed group)

i assumed it was clear, but that's the true reason why i'm not totally agreeing with this suggestion: usability.
what i really want is not to give not the possibility to decide for this permission, but to get a default behaviour that will fit most people.
as a first step, i'm adding a call to {.can move.} that's just 1 (always true).
people can easily expand by
[+special:strings]
can move=member of|can move

i may change my mind for next build and include the group.

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile
This seems a good compromise. This leaves the choice to the administrator.

Thanks! ;)

edit:
About the "move" feature, if you could make to move with the selected file.xxx, files "file.md5" and "file.comment" associates, if they exist... it would be nice.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 07:29:45 PM by SilentPliz »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile