rejetto forum

Upload fails

Offline valerov

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hello all. Before posting the problem i am facing, i would like to congratulate everyone who is part of the HFS team.

The problem i am facing, is that when trying to upload a file with the first letter of the filename Greek and capital, then the upload fails. If i rename the file, and input the same  as before but with the first letter NOT capital, then it uploads ok. So for example if i try to upload a .docx file with filename Αααα.docx the upload fails with error message "File name or extension forbidden. " Also, above the error message it displays the filename that failed to uploaded. I notice that the first capital letter is replace with questionmark (?) followed by the other letter in english! Sorry if i confuse you, my english is not good.

So, let's assume i have a file with filename Aaaa.docx (but instead of english letters, greek), the file won't upload. if i replace the first capital letter with non capital then it is ok. i tried to change template but i get the same error

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
Hi, and welcome! :)

Yes, I do understand your problem. Sadly, HFS has poor/limited Unicode support. Doing a search on the forum, you will find there are many people having the same issue. I currently don't know if there will be a 'fix' for this (this is planned for HFS 3), but anyone is welcome to contribute (since this project it's open source).

Cheers,
Leo.-
HFS in Spanish (HFS en Español) / How to compile HFS (Tutorial)
» Currently taking a break, until HFS v2.4 get his stable version.

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
The problem is recurrent on all versions of hfs, it does not support unicode characters in filenames

I have created in notepad++ an empty file encoded with UTF-16LE

paste the name Αααα.docx in np++ and saved file as txt

when open the txt with an hex editor i can see that for the filename

9103 Α
B103 α
B103 α
B103 α
2E00 .
6400 d
6F00 o
6300 c
7800 x

when second byte is not NULL the character has no equivalent on ANSI

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
you ae sooooo sexy Mars  :D
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND

Offline valerov

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
So, there is no solution? Mars, i didn't understand your post. Where you suggesting a solution or just explaining why this happens?

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
just explaining, you must forget unicode filename and verify before uploading

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin