rejetto forum

Double login dialog

Offline Tuskenraider

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
maybe its me and my server (btw im using the newest build..   and firefox.)  but anyway..  when i, or anyone else logs into my hfs the first time they try to log in, it returns the login box.  Its like the username and password was mistyped.  Any way it always logs in on the second try.  I have been able to reproduce this with every account that i have active on my server..  also im using the redirect.  i have set up a guest account on my hfs  www.aguyincookeville.com  login button on top right hand side of main page..  username guest password guest 
its a real folder so feel free to upload if youd like...   so anyway.. what do you all think? anyone else had this issue?? just curious..

tuskenraider
Posted on: November 20, 2007, 07:33:41 AM
you have two login box because you had define 'set user/pass' and 'restricts access for users' in the same time
reset 'set user/pass'   and test another login

okay i see what your saying...  but let me say it back to you...  when i click on the login button on the front of my page.. the two logins are popping up because the first one is for the protected "asset" and the other one is for the "redirect" link... correct? so in theory i could take off the password protection of the "asset" and that should eliminate one of the popup login boxes.... does that make sense?   

okay so i just went and eliminated the password protection of my guest account.  And that eliminated the second popup username and password box.  But then that begs the question... whats the point of password protecting sensitive documents and whatnots?  is there a way to have my cake and eat it too?? a auto redirect and login to password protected areas with one login??  i know i know... i dont want much and this is a free program... yet again thanks rejetto..  but still maybe im missing something..  i just cant go with out password protection and i really do enjoy the auto-redirect...  idk im sure someone will come up with something..
thanks for reading..

tuskenraider

p.s the guest/guest password protection is back on the guest folder....so thats two log in boxes you will have to go thru.... thanks!
Posted on: November 20, 2007, 08:13:01 AM
my hfs is using frames... and i think that having that login button one the html page is causing me to have the double login popup boxes... so i think this is a self inflicted error... haha its a I D 10 T error.. LOL  ill see what i did and see if i can fix it... hum... strange... 

tuskenraider

thanks mars for your assist..
Posted on: November 20, 2007, 08:47:06 AM
my hfs is using frames... and i think that having that login button one the html page is causing me to have the double login popup boxes... so i think this is a self inflicted error... haha its a I D 10 T error.. LOL  ill see what i did and see if i can fix it... hum... strange... 
tuskenraider
thanks mars for your assist..

okay so this was the deal, apparently when i was doing the login button on the html frames page i had target="main" href="~login"> well what it should be is target="main" href="/~login">  with the / in there.... so as far as i can tell its fixed....   please test if you all will thanks!!

tuskenraider
pfffssshhh i dont need a signature...

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile