rejetto forum

testing 2.1

rejetto · 294 · 138942

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "mastabog"
Could you add a small button that copies the URL of the selected file to the clipboard?
many users don't know that bold in menus is the standard way in Windows to tell that that is the default function.
this to say that if you just double click on a file, it will copy the url.

be nice if it handled multiple selections (which are enabled already in HFS) and construct a string of URLs separated by line feeds for instance and copy it to clipboard. It would make it easier to copy and paste multiple URLs in your IM chat window with your friends (just an example).
yes, interesting feature.
while i implement it, did you notice the "file list" feature, as adviced by ANTS ?

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
redownload

beta8
+ Menu -> Other Options -> "Add icons..."
+ Menu -> Virtual File System -> "Icon masks..."
* "Hide file extention" moved to file menu
- "Adding folder" was not working

Offline tosha

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
rejetto hi ;)
Good addition "Add icons..."!  :^^:
It Remains to go with gif on png for full support colour XP =)

Offline mastabog

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "rejetto"
Could you add a small button that copies the URL of the selected file to the clipboard?
many users don't know that bold in menus is the standard way in Windows to tell that that is the default function.
this to say that if you just double click on a file, it will copy the url.
Fair enough. Exactly what I wanted. The fact that the bold entry is itself a sub-menu got me confused. Default actions in context menus usually are not sub-menus.

be nice if it handled multiple selections (which are enabled already in HFS) and construct a string of URLs separated by line feeds for instance and copy it to clipboard. It would make it easier to copy and paste multiple URLs in your IM chat window with your friends (just an example).
yes, interesting feature.
while i implement it, did you notice the "file list" feature, as adviced by ANTS ?
Yes, I know about the "file list" link. However, the "file list" link is something very different from what I described and it doesn't work in all cases: it has to be a directory and the directory has to be browsable in order to get the file listing and the "file list" link to click on. Then you'd have to open your browser, point it to that link, click on "file list" and copy the string to clipboard. I was talking about a multiple selection of random or all entries in HFS (may they be folders or/and files) with ctrl+click or shift+click and have the URLs corresponding to them copied to clipboard separated by LF or CR+LF. This could be achieved either by an entry in the context menu for the multiple selected entries or by a separate "copy" button that may reside next to the "browse" button that is already present.

Thanks for considering the suggestion :)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
The fact that the bold entry is itself a sub-menu got me confused. Default actions in context menus usually are not sub-menus.
yes, i know, do you have a suggestion about it?

Offline mastabog

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
The fact that the bold entry is itself a sub-menu got me confused. Default actions in context menus usually are not sub-menus.
yes, i know, do you have a suggestion about it?
I can't tell if you were sarcastic but in case you weren't then maybe it would be less confusing if the "Copy URL" bold menu entry was a command/action and there would be another entry below it, say, "Copy URL options" being the sub-menu that it is now.

You can also place the standard Ctrl+C keyboard shortcut next to the "Copy URL" menu command to make it really windows-like :).

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
no sarcasm.
your advice makes sense.

curls

Quote from: "guesttt"
2.1 works like a charm!

it automatically finds out the external address AND port!!

thanks!
It doesn't do that here.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "curls"
2.1 works like a charm!
thanks!
It doesn't do that here.
it is a new feature of self test.
it makes several tries, and if one of this works, it set it.
but it can't always find the right settings, and sometimes the right settings don't exist at all (until you configure your router).

curls

Quote from: "curls"
2.1 works like a charm!
thanks!
It doesn't do that here.
it is a new feature of self test.
it makes several tries, and if one of this works, it set it.
but it can't always find the right settings, and sometimes the right settings don't exist at all (until you configure your router).
Ah, ok, thanks. It's not finding the settings even though I've forwarded the port in my router. Still, if I use "Find external address" it works OK.

Anonymous

Is it a good idea to have a feature like "self-test" if it doesn't always give the correct information?  Getting wrong information isn't useful.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Anonymous"
Is it a good idea to have a feature like "self-test" if it doesn't always give the correct information?  Getting wrong information isn't useful.
It isn't giving any information. Apparently, if it works, it finds your external IP, but if it doesn't, it just tells you that it can't find it.

Anonymous

It isn't giving any information. Apparently, if it works, it finds your external IP, but if it doesn't, it just tells you that it can't find it.
I must have missed something in this thread and will have to look through it again.  But right now I can't see the point of having that self-test feature if it doesn't give the right information.  What good is it?  As far as finding the external IP there is already a option for that: Menu -> IP Address -> Find external address.  That feature works everytime (so far for me anyway).

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
information? i said it searches for the right settings.

if you don't understand what this feature is for, you can read the online documentation (menu -> help -> full guide)
Self Test
A test is made to verify the visibility of your HFS from the internet. It also tries to automatically solve some possible problems.

"find external address" won't tell you if your HFS is visible, and won't try to fix any problem

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
forgot to say that from beta8 "browse using localhost" is on by default