Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
download @ www.dovedove.it/hfs/hfs135.exe

what's new
+ (expert mode) Real Folder Menu -> Advanced -> "Upload filter mask"
* "allowed referer" will always accept HFS itself as referer
* the automatic update is downloaded to the same folder of hfs.exe instead of the working folder

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
what's new
+ (expert mode) Real Folder Menu -> Advanced -> "Upload filter mask"

Uploading a file that "doesn't" comply to the upload filter mask produces an internal HFS %reason% of "Mismatch upload filter" when the upload fails.  To most people, they have no idea what "mismatch upload filter" means.  Can we have a more meaningful message like "that file extension not allowed" or something like that or better yet give us the option to create our own %reason% message for a failed "Upload filter mask".

The "Upload filter mask" setting seems to save the mask but when you go back to check what upload filter masks you have selected, the field is empty - see attached.

This feature is a good idea.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 08:46:07 AM by maverick »
maverick

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
The allowed referer feature works much better now except if the user is set to ignore limits they are still limited by this. I'm not too sure that is a bad thing though because most of the time you have to be in the page generated by hfs so it is automatically allowed anyway.

The only way you are affected by that is when you use a http://user:password@your_site/folder/file

I also think that the upload filter mask is a very good idea.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
To most people, they have no idea what "mismatch upload filter" means.  Can we have a more meaningful message like "that file extension not allowed" or something like that or better yet give us the option to create our own %reason% message for a failed "Upload filter mask".

The point is that the mask is not only useful for file extension. You may also forbid special filenames.
It's ok for me to let the user enter a reason if we don't find a good generic message.
Should this reason be entered for every folder you filter?

Offline Alons0

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • Alons0's site
rejetto what do i need to enter in upload filter mask to forbid uploading of hfs.diff.tpl? (this was reason for creating this feature) ::)

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
To most people, they have no idea what "mismatch upload filter" means.  Can we have a more meaningful message like "that file extension not allowed" or something like that or better yet give us the option to create our own %reason% message for a failed "Upload filter mask".

The point is that the mask is not only useful for file extension. You may also forbid special filenames.
It's ok for me to let the user enter a reason if we don't find a good generic message.
Should this reason be entered for every folder you filter?

I haven't thought about forbidding special filenames and probably won't use that here.  But I will make use of masking file extensions.  If I'm masking upload file extensions the reason for upload failure would be the same for every upload folder I filter even though the masks for each upload folder may be different.

EDIT
It was working fine yesterday.  Today, the upload filter mask feature is Broken.  It's not working at all.  Don't know why.  All files uploaded that should have failed are successful.  ???

« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 08:49:24 PM by maverick »
maverick

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
rejetto what do i need to enter in upload filter mask to forbid uploading of hfs.diff.tpl? (this was reason for creating this feature) ::)

nothing. if no mask is used, the mask \hfs.* is applied by default.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
It was working fine yesterday.  Today, the upload filter mask feature is Broken.  It's not working at all.  Don't know why.  All files uploaded that should have failed are successful.  ???

please, tell me how to reproduce the problem

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
please, tell me how to reproduce the problem

Don't know what happened but now it is working again.  I'll report if this happens again.

In a post above you asked what might be a good generic %reason% for file extensions and special filenames instead of "Mismatch upload filter".  Maybe something like:

"that file extension or filename not allowed"
maverick

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile

Offline Alons0

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • Alons0's site
File name or extension forbidden
?
i wanna forbid uploading file hfs.diff.tpl (because somebody uploads this file to my upload folder and this affects on my templae in the folder) ::)

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile

nothing. if no mask is used, the mask \hfs.* is applied by default.