rejetto forum

Testing build #119

rejetto · 26 · 19121

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
HFS notified me there was an update.. so i pressed yes to download it. When it finished downloading, it asked me if i wanted to save my filesystem ^^

i wasn't able to reproduce this bug.
i faked an updated, and it just asked me to save with a single dialog.
i tried both yes and no as buttons.
i see an "error saving", so i also tried to fake an error, and the error message came up.
no problem at all.
i also studied the code, and found no way how could it spawn many dialogs of that kind. it is not likely to be.
let me know if you find something...

Offline Giant Eagle

• Tireless poster
  • >=3 RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs.com
I am able to reproduce this, strange..

This is what i did:

I opened #119 with no settings loaded at all, i added some stuff to the VFS and then i checked for updates. Only 1 'Save VFS?' box will pop up, press 'No' and the download starts. As soon as the batch file tries to close HFS the 'Save VFS?' boxes start to spam my screen.

The save error was because i was trying to get rid of the boxes :P so i rapidly pressed yes and no on them, then suddenly an Error box spawned and hfs just froze. The last time i reproduced this i did nothing to prevent it resulting in a system crash >_>
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 08:07:55 AM by Giant Eagle »

Offline KalleB

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I confirm Eagle's report... attached is also a flash video of it (made using Wink)

It's very very hard to make it disappear... even reaching task manager is quite tricky since HFS steals focus with every message.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 09:30:50 AM by KalleB »

Offline SamePaul

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Problem:
One have "Real folder" (lets call it Music) mapped to C:\Music and inside it another "Real folder" (call it "More") mapped to D:\Music.
So you can access "http://127.0.0.1/Music", but you don't see nested mapping (i.e. "More" is not displayed among other folders.
Also, attempt to directly access "http://127.0.0.1/Music/More" results in 404-error.

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Problem:
One have "Real folder" (lets call it Music) mapped to C:\Music and inside it another "Real folder" (call it "More") mapped to D:\Music.
So you can access "http://127.0.0.1/Music", but you don't see nested mapping (i.e. "More" is not displayed among other folders.
Also, attempt to directly access "http://127.0.0.1/Music/More" results in 404-error.

If i understand your post correctly, I cannot reproduce any bug. I can succesfully place real folders inside other real folders and browse them.

Offline KalleB

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I cannot reproduce either with totally default HFS. Is that D:\Music perhaps empty? ..that's why it might be hidden.

BTW: This came as total surprise for me that you indeed can put files and folder also inside real folders in VFS :D

Offline SamePaul

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I cannot reproduce either with totally default HFS. Is that D:\Music perhaps empty? ..that's why it might be hidden.
Shame on me. I was so sure it is OK...  ???
I think that to "Log what" menu should be added option "Errors" and then HFS should report to log window such problems (and maybe some other)

BTW: This came as total surprise for me that you indeed can put files and folder also inside real folders in VFS :D
As for me it was so natural that I rather would be surprised if it wasn't possible :)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I confirm Eagle's report... attached is also a flash video of it (made using Wink)

It's very very hard to make it disappear... even reaching task manager is quite tricky since HFS steals focus with every message.

i think it's fixed.
will publish this in few hours www.dovedove.it/hfs/hfs121.exe
let me know

Offline Giant Eagle

• Tireless poster
  • >=3 RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs.com
Can't test, it does not show there is an update available.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
yes, you can
put this file in your hfs folder for testing
and edit it as you need

Offline Giant Eagle

• Tireless poster
  • >=3 RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs.com
Nice :D i only get 2 messages now. 1 before downloading and 1 after.