rejetto forum

mini firewall

ailef · 7 · 4181

Offline ailef

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
did u think about an option like: i open my server and when someone wants to connect u got a popup saying do u let this machine connect : yes or no ?
like a mini-FW for HFS.

Usario

I decided that option:

somebody (guest, not user) wants enter our store, writes our IP in browser. When server answered, it give user an window in browser - "please, enter your name" and guest enter his name. We look this name and click YES or NO - if NO, user see 404 or 403 error, and if yes - look through our store.

It was for guests. Registered (allowed) users when goes to store, entering theirs login and password and go into without our confirmation.

Sorry for my english.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
did u think about an option like: i open my server and when someone wants to connect u got a popup saying do u let this machine connect : yes or no ?
like a mini-FW for HFS.

it seems an interesting option.
such a feature would build 2 rules in the ban list: one rule for the accepted IPs, one for the rejected ones.
what do other people think about it?

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
not sure if I would use it but it is an interesting option none the less, and it could possibly be useful to someone.

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Its a good idea if you feel you need to control every ip that connects.

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
If somebody has nothing else to do as acting like a watchdog for 24 hours, it might be usefull.

But what usefull information will be there to decide thisone ore thatone can or can't pass? An IP-address and perhaps some name introduced by the user?

If you leave the activity icon on the taskbar, you see what's going on, and a then looking at the log you can see behaviour you don't like and so you at most know why to ban somebody.

A yes/no feature that fills your screen up with little windows when you are not in front of your screen don't seem very usefull from my point of view.
your computer has no brain - use your own !

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
ailef, can you tell more about how you would use it? LAN or internet?