rejetto forum

Thunderchicken of Glory - 2.7.0 -

TSG · 82 · 34485

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
NEW BUILD RELEASED. Thunderchicken of Glory (build 2.7)

Fixes:
 - Doctype, UTF-8 and title set for each and every separate html section (page). (forgot  :-[ in previous builds), only became an issue when i used utf-8. fixed now.
 - Improved efficiency of the error pages. (less code).
 - Code Cleaned.
 - Code Tested.
 - Fixed the thumbnail height issue.
 - Basically tweaked it all over lol.

Please remember to set a folder called /thumb with nt.gif image inside (these are in the .zip). The current thumbnail height is set to 50px in the code, this can be changed very simply in the file.jpg .. section. If IE shows a red X in place of the missing thumbnail. this is normal. Please allow for a number of simultaneous connections if you limit them. it improves the thumbnail page load time. cheers.

DOWNLOAD

Another build coming soon.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 10:03:25 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
I have an idea to help the thumbnail image thingo, what if i make a JavaScript that immediately loads the nt.gif into the browser cache, so that as soon as a user enters the image galleries, the nt.gif is ready to be applied. I think half the problem with the thumbnail images is that this image doesn't get a chance to load first....

But another issue i am having is that on some servers, the thumbnails do not appear at all, even the html code for images is not in the source!!! WTF is going on there!

Possible Reasons:

- it could be that user uses a virtual folder for the thumbs.
- amount of max simultaneous connections is set too low.
- it could be the router/modem setup.
- could even be firewall/ security related.

Anyways i am going to make some different methods to layer the 2 images. see what i can come up with.

(2.7 build 02) Coming Soon

I'm currently testing this code, it seems to eliminate most of these problems.
Code: [Select]
[file.jpg = file.bmp = file.gif = file.png]
<tr class=off onmouseover="this.className='on'" onmouseout="this.className='off'">
<td class=rw style="padding:0px;border-left:0px;"><a href="%item-url%" target=_blank>
<div style="background:url('/thumb/nt.gif') no-repeat;width:50px;height:50px;float:left;" onmouseout="popUp(event,'t10')" onmouseover="popUp(event,'t10')">
<div style="background:url('/thumb/%item-name%') no-repeat;width:50px;height:50px;"></div>
</div>
<br><br>&nbsp;%item-name%</a>%new%%comment%</td>
<td class=rw align=center>%item-size%</td>
<td class=rw align=center>%item-modified%</td>
<td class=rw align=center>%item-dl-count%</td>
</tr>

Its a little bit bigger than the other but if it works better then it will be worth it :D

EDIT: IT WORKS!!! we finally have fixed this problem!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 10:57:28 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
I fail to see how the thumbnail thing can have problems,
If you are thinking about my two thums of my old dog in my hfs Pictures folder, they are 80x80px. Im sorry for my late reply, but when im work i have my as in the grass. All my 50x50 works like a clock.
All i have to do to fix my thumbs problems, was to put that nt.gif in my always existing Real thumb folder.
Im sorry but i shuold have known, it always been there (should have)  ::) ,but i lost it somewhere bettween Orange/Blue and ToG ehh hehe
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND

Offline Flynsarmy

• Occasional poster
  • DENIED!
    • View Profile
    • Flynsarmy
I had my nt.gif at top level and hidden. There was a problem where no thumbnails would show up in my image
folder for people viewing my page externally. I could see the thumbnails when i tried to view the site form my
own comp. I thought the problem was something to do with my new router, because everyone used to be
able to view the thumbs. But TSG proved me wrong. He constantly nagged me about it and eventually came
up with that new script that seemed to fix the problem.

Good work TSG :P

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Ladys and gentlemen, rejetto HFS worriors, and the code creating heros of ToG  ;D
Let me introduse you to the Thunder Chick of Glory  :-* The sexiest gif on the web  :o :P lol

Yea! how the hell did you guys came up with that name Thunderchicken of Glory  ??? hehe

Shit, im in a hurry. Ok, i have some suggestions about adding a #003366 changeble picture at th top of ToG. But i have to get back to the details, but the pictures says more than tousand words ;)
But please guys, priority the ToG Chick, and i promise you that you never get tierd of looking at her :)

:running:

« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 01:10:15 PM by Fysack »
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND

Offline Flynsarmy

• Occasional poster
  • DENIED!
    • View Profile
    • Flynsarmy
I've been asking the mofo for a banner for so long now but he shoots me down every time :(
Thunderchicken of Glory was my idea. One of the people on a game i play had the title "Thunderchicken of Doom".
I thought it looked pretty cool the way he had it so i made mine "Thunderchicken of Glory". From then on
I tried to get the teams name to be Thunderchicken of Glory in any group quest but failed each and every
time. For years i tried and failed and finally had success when TSG and I decided we were going to make a new
template and couldn't come up with a name :P

ToG was born.

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
ROFL wtf are you on Fysack! hahaha

I'm going to get to work on the ToG logo VERY soon. I wanted the ToG to have no bugs and to be almost perfect. Which i might add, just occurred at 1:30am AU EST baby!....

Thank you Flynsarmy for finally fixing that bug after over 10 days of nagging!...

The next release is extremely close, probably tonight if i am happy with it... i will state all the fixes in the release post.

I have a few images in my mind of the Thunderchicken of Glory logo... although i am up for any suggestions...

OH, AND one last thing, if i make a logo will people use it? I don't want to go to the effort of making a logo and no one implements it... that would upset me... The only thing we ask at the moment is that you leave the About over state on the 'The ToG Team' links, and that you leave the comment credits in the template. (in tog v2.7 build 02). Would people host the logo image on their HFS in the same place as the mp3player (HFS top level *hidden*)??

Anyways reply wildly.  :D
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 04:37:28 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline fabnos

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • Fabnos ~ Http File Server
OH, AND one last thing, if i make a logo will people use it? I don't want to go to the effort of making a logo and no one implements it... that would upset me... The only thing we ask at the moment is that you leave the About over state on the 'The ToG Team' links, and that you leave the comment credits in the template. (in tog v2.7 build 02). Would people host the logo image on their HFS in the same place as the mp3player (HFS top level *hidden*)??

Yes people want host logo img, almost I  ;) and also not hidden of course !

Best regards
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 04:37:47 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »
E allora Dio creĆ² l'uomo, gli diede un cervello ed un pene ma non sangue sufficiente a farli funzionare  contemporaneamente.
_______
So, God created the man.
It gave him a brain and a penis.
Unfortunately not enough blood to contemporarily bedew them

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
I meant hidden on the file system, like the /thumb dir and mp3player.swf, because it would be on the top level and everyone will see the file there lol. but if its hidden, then the logo can be viewed on the page without the users even knowing it is on the top level of the server  ;)

Release of next ToG is veery close, maybe 10hrs close lol.

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
NEW BUILD RELEASED. Thunderchicken of Glory (2.7 build 02)

Fixes, Additions:
 - Mp3player improved, looks better and has a a fade effect, will also respond better to streaming (it used to simply say, loading...), counter is now in mins/sec aswell.
 - Mp3player JavaScript improved, will now work with filenames that include ' character and other non encoded characters.
 - Code Cleaned, Tested, the usual.
 - Changed the login link on login version, didn't look too good on resolutions below 1280 :P fixed now.
 - Upload section has had a makeover, users can specify the amount of upload inputs they want in the html.
 - New version of the thumbnail code that uses CSS, this eliminates the red X in IE and the thumbs now appear on servers like flynsarmy's server, these had the error that the images werent even in the code! fixed now.
 - rejetto in the footer now has a lower case 'r'  ;D ;)

- Current Directory: is now usable as a key part of the ToG navigation.
 - Bottom link/anchor added.
 - Can now sort by Hits.
 - The table headings now have over states.

And thats about all i can remember, i don't write these things down i just fix/add them.

Please remember to set a folder called /thumb with nt.gif image inside (these are in the .zip). The current thumbnail height and width is set to 50px in the code, this can be changed very simply in the css [style] section under the '.thumb' class.

Also remember to host the mp3player.swf on the top level and hide it.

DOWNLOAD NOW!!!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 05:36:30 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Hehe i was hig on that new Italian stuff, its called HFS, and if you mix it with beer and ToG, you get an hell of an effect  :D

Great! build

:DOWNLOADING..
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
We already have a new feature, its still in test, but i like it.

In uploads section at the moment you will notice there is only one upload input, well, I have made a new javascript that can add on additional inputs!

Just like on the forum here when attaching files :D

Javascript:
//add upload input script *By: The ToG Team*
var counter = 0;
function addUpload() {
counter++;
if (counter < 10) {
document.getElementById("addupload").innerHTML += "<br><input name=\"fileupload"+counter+"\" size=\"50\" type=\"file\">";
}
if (counter == 9) {
document.getElementById("addUploadLink").style.display='none';
alert('Sorry, maximum simultaneous uploads is 10!');
}
}

Replace the part with Fileupload1 in it with this:
<div id=addupload><input name="fileupload1" size=50 type=file></div>
<a id=addUploadLink style="cursor:pointer;" class=mp3 onclick="addUpload();">- Add Upload -</a>
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 03:08:00 PM by That_Stevens_Guy »