Archivable, Browsable, No Download....

TSG · 5 · 2565

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
ok.

I have been rolling this around in my head for a bit... and doesn't anyone else think that Browsable, Archivable and No Download could be done better?

Firstly, Archivable isn't even a word, so translating between languages isn't going to be pretty.

There is no continuity with those options i think.

THIS is how i think it should be.

Archive Enabled
Browse Enabled
Download Enabled

With ticks showing whether they are enabled or not... This way there is a nice flow to the options. These options now make clear sense when u think about it. Cause thats essentially what the options are for, enabling or disabling those said features.

also, the template symbols for archive are confusing aswell...

[archive] %archive%
[item-archivable] %item-archivable%

I like the first one, but just make the second one like this [item-archive] %item-archive%
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 09:25:03 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
TSG is right about how hard it would be to translate but I think that we shouldn't lose the ticks because its a fool proof way of say whether or not something is enabled.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i agree we can improve it.
archivable is not on the dictionary.
but it has 70000+ results on google, even on fda.gov, and i found nothing better
with "Archive enabled", people may thing the feature is enabled even if it is not ticked.
"No download" is this way for usability matters. Download is by default, so people search for something to forbid download. I opted for "no" instead of "forbid" because it easier for non-english people.

ok for the symbol

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
So... make it Enable Download? I feel 'no download' sounds funny...

Enable Archive
Enable Browse
Enable Download

And then when a user goes down that list, by default, they are seeing Enable Browse and Enable Download ticked, and Enable Archive unticked cause its not default...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 09:57:31 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline Flynsarmy

• Occasional poster
  • DENIED!
    • View Profile
    • Flynsarmy
Does it matter if the words aren't in the dictionary? Maybe it's just me but i've always found
the meaning to be very clear.