rejetto forum

What about Sharing?

Rod · 19 · 10872

Offline Rod

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Thanks for the input,

I've been piddling with the html, but as I said in an earlier post, my experience with html is just about nill.
any help you could offer would be much appreciated, and perhaps rewarded, drop me an email if you don't mind, I listed it in an earlier post.

thanks again.

Rod

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I quickly edited a copy of the template you are using to check whether the HTTP referrer on the connection is from your hfs.

If it is everything will be displayed as per normal but if it isnt it will display the content of a template section called 'disclaimer'.

You will have to edit that section to say what you would like and then include a link to continue to the correct page which can be done by using %url% as the href.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Hi Rod, welcome and DNFTT. :)

My point in building HFS is as a different tool/way, not as a "sharing community".
You can build a sort of list/network of HFS servers yourself if you want, but i don't allow people to do it here because of possible legal issues.
Since this topic is quite interesting, and you are sharing only wallpapers (rarely matter of legal issues) i will not remove your address as i usually do.

I'm not a lawyer, and know very little, but in Italy even owning copyrighted material without getting proper rights is illegal. So, if I would do the same as you, i would be breaking the law. Sure i would likely never be sued for few wallpapers :P but that wouldn't make it legal.

Offline Rod

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Heya, the big man himself replied to my post,
I feel quite honored, thanks rejetto.

Let me just say, the wallpapers are interesting to look at, but as they say in the world of politics and government cover up, it's not the crime that bites you in the arse, but the cover-up.  The wallpapers are just a ploy, with the proper login credentials there's roughly 1.3 terabytes of NO - NO's stacked under the wallpaper!!

LoL, great software, you are a rare individual to create something so useful and not charge for it, you could be quite wealthy right now if you charged only 10 bucks for the software.  Honorable indeed!!!

Keep up the good work, and God Bless!

Rod

P.S. Having said that, and I think enough has been said on this "introductory" post, I'm gonna lock the topic, any one that wants to create such a network as Rejetto was talking about, please email me, I won't discuss it further here.