rejetto forum

What is fhfs?

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
  • I'm only trying to help i mean no offense.
    • View Profile
    • My HFS Google Drive Shared Link
Any info/help appreciated...
i know it is ftp hfs...
but what is it realy,

what is it capable of that hfs alone wasn't.

Any specail downlaod and install note info would be apprecieated as i'm wanting to test it. as i also hear the 2.1 will be obsolute for a new fhfs with possible php capabilities.

download for 2.0 - 2.1
http://www.rejetto.com/forum/fhfs/version-2-0-0-release-download/msg1058450/#msg1058450

any specail port frwarding needs?
???
Files I have snagged and share can be found on my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qb4INX2pzsjmMT06YEIQk9Nv5jMu33tC?usp=sharing

Offline raybob

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • FileSplat.com
Any info/help appreciated...
i know it is ftp hfs...
but what is it realy,

what is it capable of that hfs alone wasn't.

Any specail downlaod and install note info would be apprecieated as i'm wanting to test it. as i also hear the 2.1 will be obsolute for a new fhfs with possible php capabilities.

download for 2.0 - 2.1
http://www.rejetto.com/forum/fhfs/version-2-0-0-release-download/msg1058450/#msg1058450

any specail port frwarding needs?
???

2.1 is the current version.  Yes, you have to set up port forwarding for whatever ports you're using (80 for HTTP, 443 for HTTPS, 21 for FTP, 990 for FTPS)

FHFS not only adds FTP to HFS but it also adds a lot more features and is geared towards setting up specialized file hosting websites for use by multiple users.  HFS is more of a personal thing - you set it up to send a couple files to your friends and maybe set up accounts for them if they need it.  FHFS is supposed to be for larger organizations that want to set up their own company-wide SkyDrive to provide file hosting to employees, as an example.

FHFS has a lot of more advanced features and pages including a big HTTP admin console.  The user interface is also quite a bit different and has more features, it uses a different account system with the ability to sign out... it's a lot different than HFS and it's streamlined for a different purpose.  Check out the wikipedia page for a bigger list of original features.

ALSO - I have not worked on FHFS at all since the release of 2.1 and I don't really intend to.  FHFS was only created as an open-sourcing of software for a website I was creating.  FHFS, like HFS, isn't suitable for use for more than a few (maybe a couple dozen) users at once, so I'm pretty much dumping the project.  FHFS is already way more than HFS was meant to handle and I don't see it becoming anything better and awesome. I'm moving on to a PHP-based package that will function similarly to FHFS on the website interface but it won't include FTP or any of the server-management features that FHFS did.  Instead, all that stuff will up to Apache or whatever server you run it on.  Since I don't have to worry about FTP or any server stuff for the next FHFS (which will be the next software on my website), I can focus a lot more on the web end of things.  I actually completely rewrote the user interface using a LOT of ajax, javascript and HTML5.  It's pretty cool.  It's also extremely fast, and standardized/maintanable since it runs on an AMP server.  I've been working on this new project for about a year and it's coming along pretty slowly, so don't be waiting.  But what I have so far works very well.

But note that that's an entirely new project, not the next version of FHFS.  Anyone who absolutely needs FTP will need to stay with FHFS.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 06:08:44 PM by raybob »