rejetto forum

Need help - Problems with 2.2 build 126

Offline jabberwock

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi,

I've a couple of problems which are NOT limited to build 126 but have been around since a few builds ago:

1. Start/Exit > Minimize to tray click the close button [X] does NOT work even when selected. Clicking [X] just closes HFS.

2. After some time, my installation of HFS will not start. By this I mean that the program will come up but the server refuses to start and shows that it is switched OFF. Trying to switch it on always brings up the error message "unable to switch server on". If I tried to change the port to any port, I get a "cannot open port" error. I have used netstat to check and no other app is using the ports I tried. Deleting hfs.ini does NOT help. Uninstalling and reinstalling sometimes help. Rebooting usually works.

This is getting very frustrating as HFS does not run 24/7 here but only when I switch it on. Having to troubleshoot it every time is totally draining. I hope Rejetto can look into this. FYI, my ports are forwarded correctly.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Offline radd

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
about the 1st prob, do u use windowblind? i also use windowblind before and having same prob. theres also problem updating dyndns automatically.

what i would like to suggest - try unload wblind and see if hfs running ok again, if ok then save option. then try restart windows to see whether the server on during startup.

Hello Malaysian! Selamat menyambut ulang tahun kemerdekaan ke-50!

Offline jabberwock

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
about the 1st prob, do u use windowblind? i also use windowblind before and having same prob. theres also problem updating dyndns automatically.

what i would like to suggest - try unload wblind and see if hfs running ok again, if ok then save option. then try restart windows to see whether the server on during startup.

Hello Malaysian! Selamat menyambut ulang tahun kemerdekaan ke-50!

Hey. Happy Independence Day to you to. :-)

No, I do not use Windowsblind so I think the problem lies elsewhere. Is there some kind of debug log that can show what's going on? Rejetto?

Regards.

Offline jabberwock

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Ok, I just started up HFS a few seconds ago and as expected, it reports "Server is currently OFF" and when I try to click it ON, it gives me "Cannot open port. It is already used by another software". This is NOT true as no other software is using the port I set.

Really looking forward to help. :(

Offline radd

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline jabberwock

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
have u tried previous build? same problem occurs?

I honestly cannot remember the exact version / time this started happening but it was a few builds ago. I would say it started around 3-4 months back. The best way might be for HFS to have something like a debug log which would record what's going on. Anyway, I don't have any old versions / builds any more and I don't find them for download either.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
1. Start/Exit > Minimize to tray click the close button [X] does NOT work even when selected. Clicking [X] just closes HFS.

till now, everyone who had problems with this feature, was using some other software like windowblinds who was incompatible with it.
find yours and let us know.

2. After some time, my installation of HFS will not start. By this I mean that the program will come up but the server refuses to start and shows that it is switched OFF. Trying to switch it on always brings up the error message "unable to switch server on". If I tried to change the port to any port, I get a "cannot open port" error.

try leaving the port blank.
if this doesn't work, then get another server software, and see if it does work when HFS do not. If it stops working too, then you have a system-wide problem.

I honestly cannot remember the exact version / time this started happening but it was a few builds ago.

here you find some recent versions http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?board=33.0
and here some older ones http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=85562&package_id=94177

I would say it The best way might be for HFS to have something like a debug log which would record what's going on.

what exactly would you expect it to log?

Offline rogernie

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • Moster File Server
Hi there~

please let me know if anyone has same problem in HFS 2.2 build 126, thks

I'm using HFS v2.2 build 126 with template "Thunderchicken of Glory v2.90", when I open Edit HTML Template, it's display nothing there, that;s mean all is blank, when try to import another template and get the same result, is it something wrong ???

Offline radd

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Hi there~

I'm using HFS v2.2 build 126 with template "Thunderchicken of Glory v2.90", when I open Edit HTML Template, it's display nothing there, that;s mean all is blank, when try to import another template and get the same result, is it something wrong ???
what OS do u use?
see this http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=4804.msg1026155#msg1026155
do you think you have same prob like that?

Offline rogernie

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • Moster File Server
Hi there~

what OS do u use?
see this http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=4804.msg1026155#msg1026155
do you think you have same prob like that?

hi there,
I'm using Windows XP Professional Edition (language: Big5), I think that is a little bit difference between the post you forward. I didn't get any error message about "The file size are too big", only just a blank page in editor, and cannot load another template also.

thanks for your help~ ;)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline jabberwock

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

till now, everyone who had problems with this feature, was using some other software like windowblinds who was incompatible with it.
find yours and let us know.

Your hint tipped me off. In this case, it was my Windows shell (using Blackbox). I put HFS in the excluded programs list and the X works now.

try leaving the port blank.
if this doesn't work, then get another server software, and see if it does work when HFS do not. If it stops working too, then you have a system-wide problem.

Again, I found that this is a system-wide problem and narrowed it down to SP2's ridiculous 10 max connections for TCPIP.SYS. I applied the patch to raise the limit and so far the problem seems to be resolved.

what exactly would you expect it to log?

The usual things in a debug log? Timestamped errors for file system, ports etc.

I will continue to monitor the situation and report on further bugs. Thanks for creating HFS!

Regards.