rejetto forum

HFS takes too much memory

Guest · 11 · 4495

The_Falcon

Hi guys, i recently updated to newer HFS version so i could use RAWR template. Anyway since the update, HFS takes a giant amount of memory... OS: W7 x64

Here's screen:

The_Falcon

P.S. sry i think i posted this in a wrong section...

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
Something looks strange with your screenshots.

First, you are showing you are running build 260 but your task manager shows build 259.  Are you running more than one copy of HFS at the same time?

Second,  your HFS 2.3 build 260 shows at the bottom right of the gui - Mem:684 630 188.  I have never seen a memory field for any build of HFS in the gui. 
maverick

The_Falcon

I downloaded 259, it showed message it has an update (260) and to click yes to install it, so i did and since then its on titlebar 260.
The memory field can be added from Menu -> Debug -> Show memory usage

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
The memory field can be added from Menu -> Debug -> Show memory usage
Thanks.  I didn't realize rejetto added that as a menu option.  We have a huge difference in memory usage though.  Mine is mem: 1,458,428 and in task manager 3,096K.  Maybe it has something to do with I'm running WinXP Pro and just checked memory usage while running HFS locally.
maverick

The_Falcon

the memory in ur task manager is not the real one, while in processes, click on View -> Select Columns -> Virtual Memory Size, and u will see how much it really takes.

anyway some help with my problem would be nice :P when i start hfs it's good, but as times go by, if many people download from me, it's getting bigger and bigger...

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
it's probably a bug.
there must be something that your HFS does and the maverick's one doesn't, that wastes memory.
There's no way for me to know what, from here.
What i would do if i was on your computer, to find the problem, is to disable whole parts of the thing, and watch the usage growing.
When the growing is took back to normality, then i would know i found the thing.
If the growing is fast enough, it would be easier to make this test.
Until we don't know what it is, it's hard for me to work on it.

The_Falcon

It's proportional to the hits I get, could be something with the logging. If nobody is browsing the memory doesn't rise, but when it rises it never goes back. I have to Exit HFS and start it again, which is unconfortable.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
how many hits did you get for having such situation?

The_Falcon

some thousands, mainly for the thumbnail support, which cant be removed from logging/counting...

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
many people gets thousands hits.
i can do nothing unless i have some information.
let me know if you come to something with the part i say "What i would do".

how are the thumbnails named? maybe you can filter them by using the "don't consider as download (mask)"
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 09:20:52 PM by rejetto »