rejetto forum

Upload progress bar?

Steven · 9 · 4358

Offline Steven

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
 HFS Build 247
Using Terayon 1.3.2

Just wondering if an upload progress bar is possible or in the works? It's the only complaint I have from friends who use my HFS.
They will begin to upload a rather large file, and they just see "waiting for..." in the status bar. I can see the progress on my HFS window, but they have no way of knowing what % is left.
Thanks in advance
Steve

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
There is a way to do it, but it rarely works well for me. I wanted to employ a flash method but that didn't go well.

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
It can be done using html - see attachment - (no macros, javascript, or flash needed).  I haven't looked at the TSG templates or the coding used in those templates.  
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 10:46:47 AM by maverick »
maverick

Offline Steven

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Sounds like more trouble than it's worth. What I tell them now is, check the "server statistics" module. If it still says there is traffic incoming, then it is not done uploading yet ;)

Offline Steven

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Since HFS has the ability to see uploads, I mean from within the HFS GUI you can see someone uploading a file, and a progress bar.
Would it be possible for HFS to output that in a symbol for use with templates? Something like %UPLOADPROGRESS%
I'm thinking the upload could pop open a new window (like RAWR) with the %uploadprogress% updating every 3 seconds.
Just a thought, seeing as this would be literally the only feature left i would need to make HFS 100%

Offline vertraeglich

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
maverick - could you post some example-code?
Your Solution looks really good.

jason

This looks like a great idea.  I need something like this, do you have any template for this?

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
the upload progress is included in the default template ,  section [progress]

jason

Do you know if there is a tutorial to transfer that progress info. to my hfs template?