rejetto forum

HFS v2.0 final truncating downloads from many browsers

Guest · 3 · 3911

Daoloth

I am using the newest version of HFS v2.0 final with bug fix for "+" and just noticed that downloading anything bigger than 2MB with Firefox v1.5.01, IE6 (with service packs and all patches), Opera v8.51 (resuming is not working :cry: ). I am using all real folders except for 4 (out of 73 total.) VFS size is about 220KB and loads okay. I see only one file of mine that had the dreaded "+" character in it and had fixed all the rest after I heard about the problems it could cause.  Tried checking the box to allow Specific HTML for download Managers / GetRight.  I tried it with it checked and unchecked and saved my sttigns each time before testing with many major browsers. Also tried testing by checking and unchecking Encode Spaces, Unicode, Ect. but same results. :?  I have verified visitors to my site have same download problems with browsers but they can still use some download managers to resume and finish files. I also tried accessign site from LAN IPs and localhost with same results and even tried proxying to visit my own site with same troubling result. Any help is much appreciated. I think this problem appeared for me first after update to HFS v2.0 final with  "+" fix.  I am using WinXP Corp SP1a (all updates and patches.) I don't like SP2 but that's another long story... ;) Thanks.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
think we are all using IE or Opera or Firefox, and we don't have the problem.
i guess the problem may be in some configuration of HFS.
check your "limits".
if you find nothing there, you can try loading the default cfg. it is easy, just hold SHIFT while HFS starts.

Daoloth

Fixed the problem never mind what I said. It was NOT a bug and had nothing to do with HFS at all.  :#)  :lol:  I was wrong.  Nice job with 2.0 final so far and keep up the great work. I have not seen any processQ bug for a long time (many, many betas ago) and I think the big headache of it is over. ;) Thank goodness.
  This is THE best program of it's kind without a doubt :!:  :D  
Have a great Easter rejetto!

P.S.:    
      Your a Delphi Guru rejetto.  
Scratch that, I mean Delphi Grand Master. ;)  :lol: