rejetto forum

Slow download speeds

nabilalk · 19 · 12223

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Please note: There are some ISPs that are cheating at speed test sites, that means, for speed tests you get full speed, but a lot less otherwise. I know that Comcast is doing it, but I don't know what's with Road Runner...

Over at Filezilla's forums I've to deal with the same problems regularly - people complaining about the software 'cause the ISPs are throttling speed.
http://worldipv6launch.org - The world is different now.

Offline nabilalk

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Please note: There are some ISPs that are cheating at speed test sites, that means, for speed tests you get full speed, but a lot less otherwise. I know that Comcast is doing it, but I don't know what's with Road Runner...

Over at Filezilla's forums I've to deal with the same problems regularly - people complaining about the software 'cause the ISPs are throttling speed.

That is an interesting point. Do you think that being on wireless would significantly effect the speed?

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Wireless is a lot more vulnerable than wired LAN. Almost everything technical in our lives today sends out EM radiation, which can massively disturb your wireless experience. So it is absolutely possible, depends on the strength and quality of the signal received.

Like I said, some ISPs throttle speeds. Further 'party poopers' are antivirus- and malware scanners, as well as firewalls and security programs. They inspect traffic for bad packets. And packet inspection is time consuming...

Disk fragmentation is not so likely, 200K per second should be reached by any HDD even under worst conditions.

http://worldipv6launch.org - The world is different now.

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Hörre du man ska inte vara vid datorn när man är full. God jul på dig med ;)
Hehe Godt nytt år brosjan, jag skal gjøra nåt med det der i 2009, hei så lenge :D ;)
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND