rejetto forum

Testing build #269

rejetto · 67 · 41228

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
you can scratch this one.. I found the possible problem.... the IM client had a silent update and windows had several new updates... .. at the same time that 269 was issued.... I tried with 2 other versions and the same problem persisted... so I am guessing the problem is either from the silent update the IM program had or one of the so called "fixes" from MS broke it.

ok.
anyway i just wanted to installed trillian and tried to drag&drop. Couldn't get it working in any way.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Yeah I don't think we are because I just tried with build #270 and I still got the error. :(
Should I post this in the 270 thread?

thank you for reporting, but being it not my release but the fix mars published, the internal numbers are different and i cannot make any use of the report.
i will now try to publish another build so that you can go with it. After, you can repost the report.

Offline chthonic

• Tireless poster
  • I own the copyright to this image... "Back Off!"
    • View Profile
OMG! sorry for the delay .. I missed this email!

I am up to build 271 and the feature still doesn't work. so I am guessing that either the trillian current update broke it or one of the recent Microsoft "fixes" broke it. my money is on microsoft!

I am saying that because I can drag and drop from any other program and it works... so it's definitely an oddity.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline chthonic

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
paperport and picasa allow me to drag and drop to trillian

picasa is free and easier to test

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
ok, i'm trying picasa because i had it already installed.
From picasa i can drag&drop to a folder or the desktop.
it is doing it compatible with Windows file structure.
indeed you can drag&drop from picasa to HFS too.

Trillian is doing nothing to support picasa, it just support receiving standard files, like HFS does.
It's the opposite that's not true, you can't drag from hfs to drop elsewhere.
I don't think it's related to any update you made recently.
My guess it's that it never worked and you are confusing with a similar memory. It's just my guessing but...prove me wrong. :D

Offline chthonic

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
oh it was def working! because I was using it and it was faster than copying and pasting the URL. then a few versions back.. I started to get the barred circle icon when I tried to drag and drop to trillian. that's when I first reported that it wasn't working...

I am guessing the others are saying it couldn't be done because they never actually tried to do it  ;D and the first time I found out it could be done was on accident... I was curious as to whether or not it could be done.. so I tried it and it most certainly worked.