rejetto forum

download limit didn't work when client down a archivable link

yhm_7 · 13 · 5487

Offline yhm_7

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
when client download a archivable folder (~folder.tar?recursive) with many simultaneous  connections,

hfs can not limit the connections ,even set limit at "max download simultaneous from single addr" and "max simultaneous  downloads". limit isn't work with archivable folder links.

but the limit is work well when client down a single file.

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
when client download a archivable folder (~folder.tar?recursive) with many simultaneous  connections,

hfs can not limit the connections ,even set limit at "max download simultaneous from single addr" and "max simultaneous  downloads". limit isn't work with archivable folder links.

In Limits -> try -> "max connections from a single address" so HFS can limit the connections to what you want it set at

but the limit is work well when client down a single file.

An archivable folder is a single file, therefore, according to your statement above, it should work well.
maverick

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
don't advice "max connections". i even put a warning on the dialog, because browsers have problems with it.
there's a bug in max downloads and i will fix it.

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
don't advice "max connections". i even put a warning on the dialog, because browsers have problems with it.

yhm_7 was having problems limiting connections.  Are you saying my response above is wrong?  (your choice of words in your comment -> don't advice "max connections" doesn't make sense).

I'm using build 126 and there is no warning on the dialog for "max connections" or "max connections from a single address".

« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 12:06:50 AM by maverick »
maverick

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Are you saying my response above is wrong?

no. i'm saying he will face other problems using that feature, as others on the forum.
i would like to remove it, but someone may need it.

I'm using build 126 and there is no warning on the dialog for "max connections" or "max connections from a single address".

yes, it will be present in next build

Offline yhm_7

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi ,maverick.  I think ["In Limits -> try -> "max connections from a single address" so HFS can limit the connections to what you want it set at"]  is not very well to slove my question.

Because (A)"max connections from a single address" and (B)"max download simultaneous from single addr"  have different function.

Normally,  the former shouled be larger than the latter , this can ensure every user can brower web page when he downlode file with a large connections (even larger than A or B). So I always do ont limit (A)

Thanks a lot to rejetto and his HFS.  and sorry for my hard english.

Blackspace

Sorry, but problem is still here.
I use build 155, and "Maximum simultaneous downloads from single address" is not working when user download archivable folder.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i spent last 15 minutes testings, trying the limit with normal files, with folder archives, and with both mixed, with a limit set to 1 first and then 2.
all was fine here, and cannot find any problem.
could you please tell me how to reproduce the problem you are facing?

Blackspace

Don't know :(
I just tried to remove all configuration files and start from alone hfs.exe - just for integrity of test. Et voila - Download Master opened 5 connections. Look on the screenshot, please.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
ouch.
you are right, it doesn't work in version 2.2
please consider using version 2.3 while i get this fixed
it's not official yet, but it's widely tested
http://www.dovedove.it/hfs/hfs249.exe