rejetto forum

Setting up HFS behind a reverse proxy

bitrot · 3 · 2151

Offline bitrot

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
hi,

thought i would add a bit on how i managed to get HFS working behind a reverse proxy as there was very little information on it and it taking ages to figure out, is an understatement. So for example say you want to have HFS at bubbly.co.zw/lab/upload  on an apache reverse proxy ( note, its purely a fictional website) forward to HFS. you need to setup HFS to have the same structure, ie two folders lab > upload> conetent. . the reverse proxy will display all of your 
text correctly but the images will be missing.

To solve that, edit your template and where you have "template/" replace it with "lab/upload/template/" this will fix your image links to the correct url's. then you need to add the "template"folder to the "upload" dir in HFS. you should now have a working HFS behind a reverse proxy.
i have attached an example image of the structure for reference.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i messed with apache reversing few months ago, and to be honest i think your configuration on the HFS-side could (and should) have been done on the Apache side.
Can't truly find the solution you need, sorry, got very little time, but i would personally prefer having the whole configuration on a single side, because it's easier to have just one point to look at when something is wrong. It's a good-design principle, to say it all.
So, in my opinion that can be seen fully as an apache configuration problem, and you should ask for help to apache experts.

Offline bitrot

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Agreed, it could have been done on the reverse proxy side. But, that was out of my control so had to get it working despite the apache downfalls. I havn't had any problems since the changes to get it working. So far HFS is brilliant at its job. 8)