rejetto forum

how to change ip into name

Guest · 5 · 5047

daljeet

hi,
can any1 tell me how can i change the ip generated by HFS into a domain name is  it possible.I don't think so....
And.when i check a ip under ip addresswhy does it change that is the check sign is there but in the HFS adress bar it changes.And how can i make HFS to take my custom address.whenever i type any ip in the ip address~~Custom...
it changes to any ip of it's own
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 09:06:29 PM by Mars »

Offline ledufe

• Tireless poster
  • LEandro DUpont FErreira
    • View Profile
    • http://ledufe.no-ip.info:2222
could you explain it in a better way???

im still trying to understand your issue

if do you mean host your hfs with a dynamic ip(that change every time you connect/reconnect) it could be done with No-IP and DynDNS(and many other tools like this...) i host my hfs at the address http://ledufe.no-ip.info:2222 and it works!

and if you mean show your ip inside the hfs, well that is simple, change to expert mode and in the hfs menu do > IP Address > Custom... and add you dynami dns name(in mine i put only ledufe.no-ip.info without the HTTP:\\ ) > OK  and the again > IP Address > then choose your dns name
and the HFS will use the name as refferer to it commands like do right click on any folder of your virtual folder tree and click "Browse it" the it will open your default browser trying to open yout dnsname-URL like http://your-dns-name:port

hope it helps
<<LeDuFe>>

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
yo! ledufe long time no see.. your hfs-service working like a clock! I almost thought you was lost in C  ;D ..anyway the forum want be the same with out you.. you know. i know ;)

daljeet:
Go to www.dyndns.com They can make it happen.. But be aware, you are moving in to a new chaper. Its funny you know, a friend of mine did see my hfs with the Tunderchicken of Glory Template. And all he could see and wonder was: how the hell did you manage to get that fysack.gotdns.com to reefeer to your machine. I also want my name on the world wide web and suff like you. I told him genetly, its the last thing you do! 1st you need Http File Server made by rejetto, this is a programme made by a dude from Italy, a dude that totally know what he is doing. And some of the people that is in the hfs boat, is totally fuckin hardcore man, there is nothin they dont know, this people dont fantasys about the issuses that occure, they know, its the elite.  Its open source, open source it like its open, its like not like a program that you not get a finish product, its like you are apart of devoloping it or following and watching the progress of it beeing devoloped. This is the new stuff man, i cant explain, but i promise you, if you wanna be in the front, experience the evolution, just do it. Then you need a template, a template is not what make this site of mine, that is hfs, a template is like a.. its like you change color to your page, you find different kind of them them in the hfs forum. Then he said: ok.. ok.. but i really like to get a name like yours, so how do you get a name? Then i gave up :P hehe
I dont know why im saying all this, daljeet, it just poped up in my mind, but the answer to your subject is DNS, Domain Name Service, they take that ip adress number and turn it into a name. You get an tiny little programme (service) installed that catches your external ip, even if it changes, send that number to the firm you have choosen, the dns firm take that number, convert it to the name you have chosen. So wehn people writhe that http name in the browser, the firm catches it, and it send it to your ip. It is several providers that is doing it for free out there. I think the hfs-wiki list the most common. I like dyndns cause it sound god in my ears ;D And just to make it difficult and perfect if you dont know exactly what a ip is, its internet protocol, the part of the tcp/ip protocoll that route messages true network. So if you write a random number like 66.66.666.66 ,you can land on like whereever. yea! yea..!? I would say that was a verry good question daljeet, finally i came to some use ;D ;)
I have "known" what dns is for many years, but it was not before hfs push me to practicise it i really KNOW wat it is. I always wonder what a hell of a Internet Service Provider that deliver those funny adresses. And one last thing: Im the fucking computer genius amongst my friend, and here.., im so super noooob. lol, i find that verry funny.

Cheers! ;)
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
And how can i make HFS to take my custom address.whenever i type any ip in the ip address~~Custom... it changes to any ip of it's own

yes, it's a bug. i will fix it soon.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile