rejetto forum

HTML Template Changes Won't Remain After Reboot

Offline TaBaScO

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I've changed my HTML template in HFS several times, and the changes work perfectly.  My only problem is that even though I tell it to save the changes I made it won't retain them after I do a reboot.  I run HFS as part of my system's startup group.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
1. which version?
2. any problem if you just quit and restart HFS ?

Offline TaBaScO

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I'm using the latest 2.0 version.  If I close the program and reopen it it will keep the template changes I made.  It only looses them after a reboot.

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
Quote from: "TaBaScO"
I'm using the latest 2.0 version.  If I close the program and reopen it it will keep the template changes I made.  It only looses them after a reboot.
I'm not sure what is causing your problem, but that doesn't happen here and never did.
maverick

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline TaBaScO

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
It's the strangest thing.  I've always made the changes to the HTML template, and then shut down the PC later on without closing HFS.  I could have swarn I had closed HFS and reopened it on at least one of those occasions, but I guess I didn't.  I just assumed by shutting down the PC HFS would close as it normally would.  After your suggestion I closed the program and reopened it seperate from the bootup / shut down process.  It then finally saved my changes.  I still wonder why that is, but since it's working  now I can't complain.

Thanks for the tip!

P.S. -- I use HFS not only for the uses it was intended for, but also as a program to use along side the MVPS hosts file (http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm).  I set the template to load a blank white page instead of the regular 404 errors when a file path is not found.  Now web page add banners show up as blank white banners, which is much nicer than the usual errors you usually have to see IE show when you are using the MVPS hosts file.