rejetto forum

Portable sHFS : HFS via Stunnel with configuration GUI [english]

AvvA · 46 · 70079

Offline AvvA

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Hi ~gees~ :)

Nice to see you there, I finally can thanks you 'in person' :D if I can say so !

My goals were similars to yours before falling on your tutorial about HFS & SSL, and then it became a hunt to propose something 'automatic'. Your tutorial was so close from this, I had to do it !
At first, I do everything in batch files, the same thing I propose here but in textual mode.

When done (really fast with your tutorial), I said to myself that I'd finally done nothing distribuable to the neophyte (they hate command prompt ^^). And I began searching for a GUI maker and fall on Autoit.
From this point I decided to make what you can see, a simple GUI with no configuration except IPs, and the possibility to change options for those whose know what they do.

I agree with you, the fun part is how it grows, from your tuto, to a simple GUI that only execute your tutorial, to this configurable thing :)

Well, thanks for your thanks, it warms heart, and thanks again for your 'indirect' help, it throws me into the right direction at first, that was quite good as I didn't need to search a lot around (your tutorial, OpenSSL & Stunnel docs to afine).

It only misses some feed-back to eradicate potentials bugs, but well, as one says, no news : good news ^^

Not sure about the best regards thing, but well, really watching at your tutorial closely doesn't make me the best :fufu:
Hum ! Just kidding ;)

Bonne continuation !
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 06:58:04 PM by AvvA »

Offline AvvA

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Just a little hello there to tell you that I've just fixed the server that helps in checking if the port is open and that gives the external IP, sorry for the inconvenience.

Offline ElSid

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
AvvA,
Busy and have not been able to go forward with this.  I am in the process of downloading "shfs_051_kunta.exe".  Thank you for the work :)

Offline ninjapimp

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
  File Not Found!
when i go to download from those deposit file, mega upload and what nbot on the link
they all say   File Not Found!

does anyone have this file that i can downlaod from as the download link is now broken

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i just emailed the author
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 04:22:26 PM by rejetto »

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile

Done ... AvvA has handed the files online.

@AvvA

Merci à toi !  8)
Il commençait à avoir de la demande. Cela m'évitera quelques longs posts pour expliquer l'installation manuelle du couple HFS/Stunnel. ;)

Offline AvvA

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Sorry for that, now it shouldn't be a problem anymore, at least I hope so...  ;D

Ah oups ! Si j'avais su que c'était 'on purpose', j'aurais prévenu :)
Je recevais les alertes mais pas le contenu du message qui la provoque, je viens de le modifier dans mon profil pour recevoir le contenu maintenant ^^.
J'ai aussi fait le changement d'url sur le sujet français la dernière fois.

Offline a_rat

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Greetings AvvA,
I just had to stop and tell you of my experiance with all this.
I have been using HFS since ver 2.2f (maybe earlier - but that is as far back as my archive goes),
AND I LOVE IT.
About a month ago i decided i need more security, SSL for instance.
(which Rejetto, would be an AWESOME addition to HFS, hint hint)
So - I was ready to ditch the nice, friendly HFS for TinySSL(also good, but not quite what i wanted), but then i found your AvvA's post AvvA

While i was downloading sHFS_051_KUNTA.exe from the first post, i noticed the second, and thought - i should try and do this with up to date software. so  i went out and got all the bits (some links are down - it was a hunt) at latest edition.
followed post 2, run confmakr, and blam - one https hfs ready to go, no sweat, no tears

This is almost unheard of - im no dunce at the computer thing, but im no hacker either -
AvvA, My hat off to you, and a low bow.

As an offtopic side note, to follow the trend, i went out and found a personal SMTP mail server by Argo, I grabed the free version, it works in with everything, and causesno conflict so far, i made theaddress, and used it to register here (panic not, im keeping the addy for a long time)

P.S. Rejetto, Well done. an exelant job. Thankyou. To you also - Hats off and low bowing.

Edited by SilentPliz for remove the bad "Glow effect"  :)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 03:51:57 PM by SilentPliz »

Offline a_rat

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile
Welcome ! :)

ew - i wont make the mistake of using the "glow" effect again

Corrected !  ;)

infos: you can by clicking on the preview button, see the aspect of your message before post it, and you can modify yourself your message, by clicking on the modify button.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 04:05:25 PM by SilentPliz »

Offline AvvA

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
followed post 2, run confmakr, and blam - one https hfs ready to go, no sweat, no tears

This is almost unheard of - im no dunce at the computer thing, but im no hacker either -
Thank you, that's really nice to read, as I find myself addle-brained I'm happy to see It's not so critical ^^.
Hey SilentPliz, please, let me glow a bit ;D ! (no, don't search, just a sally ^^")

I'm also happy to hear that the newest versions of OpenSSL and Stunnel work with my thing, I put a tag on my todo-list in order to give computer's dunces an opportunity to use sHFS with them. I don' really know when, as I'm working on something else, and as I've got to see if there were changes between versions I use and latest ones (check if all commands I use are still valid, and which new things are in), but that will be done.

Ah yes, I went thru all links again, and perhaps I miss some because I didn't found any dead link, can you tell me which ones didn't work for you ?

Finally, thanks again for your experience return, it's always pleasant to read that I've done something useable and hopefully usefull.

By the way, once again the server I use to check opened port seems to be down, I'll fix it in the next release. In the mean time, you can use the one into HFS, or this one : http://corz.org/probe .

Offline AvvA

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
v0.666 BLTN (Better Late Than Never ^^)

Quote from: Changelog v0.666
Modifications :
- change location of random.rnd file,
- generate a new random.rnd file each time Stunnel is launched,
- force Stunnel to use this random file first.
- rename Stunnel configurations files created in order to avoid conflict when manually blind-upgrading Stunnel.

- update from Stunnel 4.27 to 4.33
- update from OpenSSL 0.9.8k to 1.0.0a
- update from HFS 2.3 #242 to 2.3 #266

- check changes between theses versions and modify logic accordingly.

Bug hunting :
- Now ticking 'enable HTTP' in the 'local network' box works like it always should have.
- Some small corrections to languages files.

Rendez-vous at the first post of this topic to catch links to this version and its sources :)

Offline chthonic

• Tireless poster
  • I own the copyright to this image... "Back Off!"
    • View Profile
upon extraction: Comodo Internet Security fired off an alert stating the hfs266EN.exe file contains a trojan.

trojware.win32.trojan.agent.~kyc@124249897

the french version of the file didn't have any problems.

this "might" have to do with rejetto's previous posting about hfs being listed as a virus... and my software is just reacting to the file black list.

I manually replaced it with the 270 file and modified the version in the config files

AvvA, I am not not sure what is going on with "your" version of 266, but the one I had installed originally from rejetto didn't set off this alert.

I am making this post to let you know that it did happen.

rejetto: I have that file quarantined. I can zip it with the extension changed and send it to you, so that you can take a look yourself. Just let me know?

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile