rejetto forum

Help me plz

Guest · 12 · 7019

Avi

Hello. First I would like to thanxs everyone who created HFS. It is such a good software n it helps me a lot. It's not really a problem that I have but a question.

Ok I have a 2mb local connection(that is locally I get 2mb) and a 256kbps connection for international. Its 2mb local and 256 international. Hope you guys can understand. I'm a bit weak in english. Sorry.

I use HFS to share some documents n sometimes movies to my friends. I should be using the 2mb connection? But it's not the case. They are getting 35kb/s as download speed. What is that? Do you think I should contact my internet operator? I am uploading to another LOCAL ip. So they should get a speed of about 600kb/s when downloading from me(Note:they have the same connection as me:2mb local & 256 international). Is it a problem with HFS? Hope you can help me guys. Thxs a lot n merry christmas and also happy new year

AYEHAN

NO its not HFS problem

i can share on LAN at about 10MB/s

u maybe have some software like net limiter or something .. just an idea

and also ur friend should use ur LAN ip to get the 2MB speed ex : http://192.168.1.250 or something like that

Private IP gets 2M
Public IP gets 256K

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
256kbps = 32KB/s
and it's very near to your "international speed". maybe your "international" speed is also your upload speed. I know lots of adsl connections with 2mbps for download and 256kbps in upload, no wonder for me.

Anyway, consider trying that last beta version (you will find it in the "beta" forum board). There have been important improvements to speed. Who knows, it may solve your problem. If it doesn't, ask your internet provider.

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
it seems you have some confusing definitions for local and international conection. Speed on local networks is today at least 10Mbps, also if you have a big lan with lot of traffic, your usable bandwith might be less.
The other thing, like rejetto suggets, is your internet conection, probably a 2Mbit (download)ADSL with about 256kbps upload.

To get out of doubts, connect to some page that checks your internet connection, like speakeasy.net or auditmypc.com. There you can check your download and upload speed.
your computer has no brain - use your own !

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
that sites would not be good, because he is complaining about performances in LAN.
if you tell us the IP of the guy who is connecting to you with the unexpected low speed, we'll know more about your connection.

Avi

No guys..It's not 256 for uploading. Thxs for replying. But my connection is 2mb for surfing locally. That is when I access local webpage or download from local webpage where the servers are in my country I get a speed of 600kbps. It means 2 mb local and 256 for international.To be more clear, my internet package is 2mb for local browsing n downloadind n 256kbps for international browsing n downloading. When I download from international webpage I get a speed of about 35kbps. I created a dyns. I successfully applied it in my router n gave it to my friend to download. But still..same speed. I gave him my ip as you said. Same thing..Same speed. Guys help me. Tell me what to do. I must be well prepared before I phone n challenge my internet operator.Are they blocking the speed between local ips?  Should I be using the 2mb connection?

Thxs in advance. By the way, is the beta a stable one? I read in the forums that it got some problems.

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Most of the time the beta is stable a couple times there has been a couple error's in hfs but nothing to worry about if you back up your settings and vfs. I do recoo\mmend try the latest beta because Rejetto has been working on improving the upload speed's and I myself doubled my speed.

What is the upload speed for your internet connection local and international?
I know that your download speed is 2mbit local and 256 international but it's the upload speed is important here.

Also you say your local download is 2mbit and you can download at 600kbps localy but 2000/8 = 250kbps. Are you sure it's 2mbit locally?

Avi

There r not many local webpage to download here in my country from. I downloaded something from my internet provider webpage n I got 231kps. But I have a router. With it I can connect two computers. One by network card(lan card) n another one by wifi. I connect my pc by the lan card. N my father's laptop by wifi. When I download something from my pc to the laptop I get a speed of 700kpbs. I don't know whats wrong here. Could you guys help me. I've been told of public n lan ip? Are they different? OR same? If they are different, how to get the lan ip?

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
You are confusing something.

1st Stage: LAN
LAN is the network within the router. LANs come in 10Mbps, 100Mbps and 1000Mbps flavor. WLANs in 11Mbps, 54Mbps and 108Mbps.

2nd Stage: Within your country (I never heard of such a limit, my speed is the same throughout the world)
Here your 2Mbps apply, but it's Internet, not LAN!

3rd Stage: Rest of the world
256kbps - Wow, that's a crappy speed.

If you are operating inside your LAN, which IPs do you use? Because some routers route the whole traffic through the Internet if you use your external IP. Please note your DNS resolves to the external IP = low speed.

As for the local connections getting only 35KB, you can not determine where your traffic is routed through. If it's routed through an international server, your only getting low speed, that's the way the Internet works.
http://worldipv6launch.org - The world is different now.

hani

he is right about internet speed in local or international format

as i heared in China every one gets speed of lan if the website is hosted in china so u get two speed

Local Speed = Hosted Sites In The Same Country

International Speed = Hosted Sites Other Then The Home Country

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
You are confusing something.

i don't think so. his provider works just as a big LAN where you are NATted.
And the routing to the internet has a lower speed.

As i said, you can try the beta. I have no other advice at the moment, sorry.

Avi

Hey my internet is not routed to the internet or watever server u said guys... When I download something from my ISP webpage I get a speed of 175kb/s... Did they block the speed between ip so that we cannot use the 2mb speed?

Rejetto my speed is 2mb/s for local surfing n 256kb/s for international surfing.. It's like in China as a user said above. I have a router which is a sagem fast 3202.