rejetto forum

VLC & HFS !?!?!

Offline Spartan4444

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I just started using hfs along with logmein to view and transfer files wirelessly and for free. Is there anyway you could stream a vlc stream onto a hfs http page just wandering.

I'm sorry What i wanted to do was stream files on my server from vlc and use both programs simultaneously so that i can watch files from my server while not waiting to download them then open them. I use logmein to view my home server instead of other RDP programs but it doesn't include file transfer so thats why i have vlc. I was wanting to make it  to where my friends could upload and download files from my server(Mostly Music).

I just wanted to know if it was possible. I'm just learning html and java maybe after some time ill figure it any input would be awesome though thx
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 04:31:13 AM by Spartan4444 »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
for your purpose, what is HFS supposed to do exactly?

Offline Kremlin

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Apparently he wants to show on his HFS page the stream webpage from LogMeIn (used to view remotely a computer threw the web), at least thats what i understood.

Offline 80063r

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Video LAN VLC Player can output streaming  audio or video.  A web page can be made to show the output, but I never looked into doing that.  HFS may have to accept input from the page to control the playback (maybe with the help of command line or another macro program), or HFS would serve a different template when a specific file type was clicked (the easy way).

I'm not sure what would be required it the template though.

see:
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
and:
http://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:Streaming_HowTo
Posted on: May 22, 2009, 10:02:32 PM
Streaming methods

If you chose Stream to network option, you can now specify the streaming method. Available methods are:

* RTP/UDP Unicast: Stream to a single computer. Enter the client's IP address (in the 0.0.0.0 - 223.255.255.255 range).
    * RTP/UDP Multicast: Stream to multiple computers using multicast. Enter the IP address of the multicast group (in the 224.0.0.0 to 239.255.255.255 range).
    * HTTP: Stream by using the HTTP protocol. If you leave the Destination text box empty, VLC will listen on all the network interfaces of the server on port 8080. Specify an address, port and path on which to listen using the following syntax [ip][:port][/path]. For instance, 192.168.0.1:80/stream will make VLC listen on the interface carrying the 192.168.0.1 IP address, on the 80 TCP port, in the /stream virtual file.

Posted on: May 22, 2009, 10:08:16 PM
UDP Streaming samples

1. Standart UDP streaming

% vlc -vvv file:////home/vlc/2007.avi --sout #std{access=udp,mux=ts,dst=:1234}'

Nothing impossible yet. Streaming a file 2007.avi from /home/vlc/ to udp port 1234.

Multicast RTP Streaming samples

% vlc -vvv file:////home/vlc/Jumper.avi --sout '#rtp{access=udp,mux=ts,dst=224.255.1.1,port=1234,sap,group="Video",name=Jumper Movie"}' :sout-all

Hard? No! This is known key file. The key --sout starts output as in the UDP sample. Then we set #rtp with access type udp, muxer ts. Then point to multicast IP address 224.255.1.1 with port 1234. And some keys. We point the VLC to do anouncements of this stream using SAP (see service advertisements protocol), sets description of streaming group to Video and name this stream as 'Jumper Movie' .

Multicast RTP Streaming with multiple source files. With samples.

When you start this, you can't stops. I spent some hours to find this solution. See it:

% vlc -vvv --color -I telnet --telnet-password "i_dont_know_this_password" --vlm-conf=/home/vlc/vlc.streaming.conf

We told that VLC must colorize it's output using key --color. Then we told VLC to open telnet server. We must control it, really?! This is -I telnet key. And we set the password "i_dont_know_this_password" to get access to console. We use standart VLC telnet port 4212. If you need to change it, use --telnet-port xxx. Use --vlm-conf=/home/vlc/vlc.streaming.conf to point the VLC to open at start a special file with multiple files description.
Special multiple files description configuration file.

* vlc.streaming.conf

Using this config file we try to cast 2 video files: 2007.avi and Jumper.avi. To do this, we must describe 2 channels: channel1 and channel2, sets the input and sets the output format (we try to multicast this):

new channel1 broadcast enabled
  setup channel1 input file:////home/vlc/2007.avi loop
  setup channel1 output #rtp{access=udp,mux=ts,dst=224.255.1.1,port=1234,sdp=sap,sap,group="Video",name="2007 Movie"}

new channel2 broadcast enabled
  setup channel2 input file:////home/vlc/Jumper.avi loop
  setup channel2 output #rtp{access=udp,mux=ts,dst=224.255.1.2,port=1234,sdp=sap,sap,group="Video",name="Jumper Movie"}

control channel1 play
  control channel2 play

Offline chettai

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
hi frnd,
thanks for this post..
its very good..
but i w'd like to know some more things..
can u pls help me??

udp is not used for internet streaming, but then which i used for streaming through internet??
and which commands used for that??

i need to setup a streaming server
which is taking contents from my lap and supplying to my users..
so how can i do this??
pls
help me out....

Sonic Possum

hfs can stream directly in browser using RWAR-Template-0.1.2 RWAR_default, just google it or u can find it at http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=5456.0,
bearing in mind that this only works with hfs243 or later, great piece of work ( thanx guys at rejetto )
however u can only stream .swf or .flv ...... u can convert ur current data using apex or avs4you, whatever u want but this takes forever and 2 days ( depending on how much data u have.... i just completed 640GB on 2 pc's and to took 3 1/2 months ..... )
but hey, its worth it

Offline dietcoke2am

• Occasional poster
  • I Wish For Peace on Earth
    • View Profile
I think I may have found a solution. I don't know about you guys but I looked everywhere on this forum for answers regarding the implementation of a media player like VLC into one of the templates, mainly the Rawr Template 1.2 and it seemed like everyone just built their own tlp template for default use. I don't know how to build on a tlp format. so i gave up.but..

Here's my rough draft so far///..VLC for Linux/Windows, can be plugged into Firefox by which any media that is called up using a VLC embedded code on a simple html page could work right off the "New Link" creation on the HSF program. The new link ~ Directed to your HTML page folder that you can load on the drag/drop HSF system - This will load the html code, the emebedded code, and retreive ur movie on ur shared folder at a non-bandwidth harassing rate. Just like streaming.

So yeah, attatched is my proof of concept. (the video is black because PRNTSCRN doesnt capture video output)

« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 08:46:45 AM by dietcoke2am »
Someone teach me something about all this nonsense. My technical background does not cover html code or tpl's lol.

Offline dietcoke2am

• Occasional poster
  • I Wish For Peace on Earth
    • View Profile
More Good News...

this is an update..

Not only did I make this happen, but I now have a working js code that provides a skin for the vlc embedded code (meaning, play/pause; progress bar, stop and indicator)

..although i am working on another script to automate the movie urls into the script automatically.

Soon, we will provide rich media without flash...ahh i hate flash so much. Back to AVI files!
Someone teach me something about all this nonsense. My technical background does not cover html code or tpl's lol.

Offline Spartan4444

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Wow, glad that i can actually start something, i have been in college the last few months so i haven't been able to reply as soon as i wanted, i have just finished a C++ class and i still know almost nothing... although it looks like there is a solution, i was wandering if you wouldn't mind sharing that with us?? @dietcoke2am

I too dislike flash, and i love vlc since it plays many different files

keep us updated on the work for media player streaming for Rawr templates!