rejetto forum

Rawr Player in Terayon template (and the others too) seek dont work

Guest · 3 · 2921

Smurfiboy

i have a hfs with terayon template and the feature to watch clips direct is very nice

but i have the problem that i cant seek

in the bottom line i cant click anything exept the volume

so i cant seek

kk fullscreen works with doubleclick but not with button

and everytimes i hav the play/pause picture in the middle of the screen while mouse is moving

is this a bug or a feature :) ?

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
You cannot 'dynamically' seek, like you can on say youtube, the server technology HFS runs on, does not allow this to function properly. Basically you have to wait for the file to 'stream' the old fashion way. Also seeking is a little unreliable because of this.

Yes the play/pause icon showing when you hover on the display area is a feature. Basically it means that you can fire the function, it was a simple way to provide feedback to the user, and integrated into the load/buffering icon item.

Fullscreen should work with all methods... unless Flash has gone and changed it in a recent Flash Player version. I find it bugs a little bit with the double click... but it depends on the power of your computer and flash version I suppose, nothing is 'perfect' and the bulk of our RAWR-Designs stuff was made whilst we were learning during studies. Now we are both working full time so times have changed. I would do things very differently these days, I am working on a Live template with some new features to make a small comeback, but only when I have time so I don't know when it will be around.

EDIT: Tested that fullscreen issue, its still working fine for me, that was the main one that worried me :) maybe you can name the RAWR-Player build in the template you are using to help me. I have 1.0.1 here.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 12:17:47 PM by TSG »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
simple http is not preventing you to seek at any point of the file.
the http connection can be interrupted, and another one is started similar to a resume.