rejetto forum

Thumbnail & Preview Generator crashes with large MP3 collection

Offline Cynetix

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I first want to start by saying thank you to everyone involved with RAWR & HFS. I've been using HFS for years and have just recently branched off into using someone else's templates because I've mainly been using my little server box to access my music at work. I discovered the RAWR Terayon template with it's ability to play my files from my server and haven't looked back  8)

I have over 63K MP3s that I've been collecting since 1998 and all but 200 of those files are organized by Genre and Artist. I decided to try having album thumbnails for my collection to see what I thought after reading how others were using it. I used JRiver Media Center to save the album art in the root of each album folder with the file being called artist - album.jpg. I started the T&PG prog and when I run the converstion process, the program crashes a little under 3/4 of the way done. Does it have a folder/file name length limitation or somthing? I only ask because I noticed it's crashing on A Silver Mt. Zion album "He Has Left Us Alone But Shafts Of Light Sometimes Grace The Corner Of Our Rooms". I've attached 2 screenshots that I hope might help solve my dilemma. Thank you for your time.

~C
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 04:22:35 PM by Cynetix »

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile
Welcome Cynetix !  :)

Exception message says: "path too long"

Try some tests with a more shorter path ...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 04:42:54 PM by SilentPliz »

Offline Cynetix

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Thanks for the "welcome aboard"   ;D

Yeah, I just noticed that in the error. I'm glad it wasn't a snake... :) Well that's too bad. I don't want to truncate my paths because that (unfortunately) is the album title. Oh well. Thanks again!

~C

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
if you can't workaround it, you may try to bother the author via email.
Chris is not very active on the project. In case he can't help you, consider there are some alternatives for creating thumbnails.

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
This is Richards department :P It is a strange one though, might be related to there being so many sub folders.

I will let him know.

EDIT: His response to me was that you have reached the maximum character directory / file name length. The names and directories are too long for windows to use apparently.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 04:03:35 PM by TSG »