rejetto forum

Testing build #100

rejetto · 71 · 51563

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Yes, the point here is NOT to encourage use of FAT/FAT32, but to prevent program crashes or corruptions by disabling the ~folder.tar for folders >2GiB(FAT16)/>4GiB-2B(FAT32).

The problem would be the detection. Server-side no problem I guess, HFS could do this and act accordingly. But clientside... Maybe with Javascript?

MarkV
http://worldipv6launch.org - The world is different now.

Offline Rafi

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
maybe HFS template kus provide a bettrer save daily, saying the expected save size,  are just warn about it...  if possible - maybe - spit it itself ? ...

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Yes, the point here is NOT to encourage use of FAT/FAT32, but to prevent program crashes or corruptions by disabling the ~folder.tar for folders >2GiB(FAT16)/>4GiB-2B(FAT32).

The problem would be the detection. Server-side no problem I guess, HFS could do this and act accordingly. But clientside... Maybe with Javascript?

MarkV

Would be easy to do locally with hfs.

I doubt that javascript is possible though... its a bit of a security risk for javascript to read what the file system is... i am unsure if browsers/firewalls even allow this functionality.

YOU CAN however, detect the version of windows they are using. I have seen it done before... somewhere :P

Offline Alons0

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • Alons0's site
And, huh? I only have 3 rows with info in the tray messages. No empty row for me!
I added symbols then deleted them and now there're 3 empty rows. Rejetto please help :-[

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Alonso i'm getting kind of tired of seeing your redundant posts about your tray message, you obviously have some line breaks in there. Try removing all the characters in there,  Hit apply, then ok, you should have a blank tray message, then put the symbols you want in there. Trial and error things until you fix it. If you posted it... i think i have counted 4 times now... and haven't worked it out by... 3 pages later.... i would have tried re-installing hfs by that stage! haha.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 03:50:54 PM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

before discussing if it should be done client- or server-side,
there is no fast way to know the size of the archive in advance.
listing the files can take minutes.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
And, huh? I only have 3 rows with info in the tray messages. No empty row for me!
I added symbols then deleted them and now there're 3 empty rows. Rejetto please help :-[

open a specific topic, and put a screenshot of your problem

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
No, but HFS should at least have an option where you select the used filesystem. If you select FAT or FAT32, HFS disables ~folder.tar for folders larger 2GiB or 4GiB-2B.

"you" ... who?
the problem is for the client only (and you don't know its file system).
HFS doesn't need NTFS to support 8GB archives, because they are virtual.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Ye good idea Mark V, i wouldn't go coding away to make fat 32 support, ntfs has been the way for windows pc's for at least the last 7 years...

i know several XP laptop with FAT32 file system

my external hard drive i use is formatted in fat 32, but i wouldn't go putting files bigger than 4gb on it anyway haha.

if you are interested, run "convert /?" from the command line, and you'll see you can switch to NTFS

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
No, but HFS should at least have an option where you select the used filesystem. If you select FAT or FAT32, HFS disables ~folder.tar for folders larger 2GiB or 4GiB-2B.

"you" ... who?
the problem is for the client only (and you don't know its file system).
HFS doesn't need NTFS to support 8GB archives, because they are virtual.

I'm talking about upload, not only archives but all types of files. Unfortunately, there is no way for HTML to determine the size of an upload before it's done. Uploading ~folder.tar is not implemented yet.

LZMA (without compression) supports multiarchive. All popular archives support LZMA (.7z), too. Maybe an alternative?

PS. My Laptop (Acer Aspire 5101AWLMi) came with FAT32 formatted drives, too. Had to convert them myself. Most users don't know about 'convert' and just go with FAT32.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 11:19:22 PM by MarkV »
http://worldipv6launch.org - The world is different now.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
LZMA (without compression) supports multiarchive. All popular archives support LZMA (.7z), too. Maybe an alternative?

for uploading, i guess .ZIP will be enough, and compression will be supported (but not multi-volume).
the no-compression for downloading is related to the "virtuality" of the archive,
and there's no virtual archive in uploading.