rejetto forum

I`m going USB

Fysack · 8 · 3101

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
So where i`m i going?  ;D Ok, i got Opera on a stick, i can run irfanview and now im going hfs.
Then i pretty much got everything i need to survive out there.
..never mind the question
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
you may already know HFS has some "removable drive" support (automatic, no user intervention required)

Offline TCube

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Did that 2. Runs pretty smoothly (except lag for videos) 

Rejetto : wherever U go u'll still have to manipulate firewalls, routers, fixed or variable IP and reverse dns.

TC
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 09:47:32 AM by TCube »
Make it idiot-proof and I will make a better idiot

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
yea, thanks yes.
First i was thinking : Do i really need Stunnel if i dont bother to secure my e-mail anyway. And all my "stupid" fucking friends do Facebook.
Then i was thinking: Does stunnel work ona usb key. ..and then i was thinking perhaps not.
And then i was thinking the same as TCube
And now im thinking:
Maybe that could be workoarund with a macro and a 2 button touch. You know, James Bond style
 :-\ 8)
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND

Offline TCube

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Alors ?     ;D

- a) to use or not to use Stunnel that's the main question to start with you little tod !
- b) yes Ssl should work I guess on a Usb key : I heard about somme implementation running the same tpl and vfs and offering ssl to both guests and registered users.
- c) If you're thinking along the way with me : take your HFS on Usb key to your next door neighboor you'll be surprised ("no user intervention required " ... hum ... hum )

T3
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 10:06:16 AM by TCube »

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Then my self confidence would increase. Just knowing i could be James Bond if i wanted to  ;D

a`yes i guess, that have pretty much been the question for a long time hehe, i`ll stunnel it. There gives such good feeling to be on a top level when it comes to security. Its like having a newly waxed car at all time. And then the Users interest take`n care of. (as if i have any exept from my mum, that call me and ask if her "computer will be erased" if she accept the ssl certificate lol)

b`wow cool, im sorry but do you mean sombody have integrate ssl into a hfs template? ..no. No, i think i know what you are thinking, thanks, ill investigate it.

c`hum ... hum  :D i`ll check it out thx  :)

Party on bro`
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND

Offline TCube

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Fysack, what's U'r purpose of Irfanview on USb ?
Let's strech this topic if we can ... 's getting interesting  :D 
T3

(*) I've run slideshow/Frames & Thumnails on Hfs/Usb with Irfanview XML templates ... but embeded code from LiveSpace is far more rational ...  unless you mind picking your nose a long time between  pictures 
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 11:03:56 AM by TCube »

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
unless you mind picking your nose a long time between  pictures 
rofl
Im afraid i have to disappoint you TCube, there is nothing interesting about Fysack`s USB setup.
Irfanview was the first stand-alone exe i come across (as far as i remember, or as far i was able to understand)
lol, i remember i was pretty amazed burning a cd with jpg`s ::) and burned irfanview along with it. Everything u needed on one cd  :D

But on the other hand, your usb setup is verry verry interesting:
(*) I've run slideshow/Frames & Thumnails on Hfs/Usb with Irfanview XML templates ... but embeded code from LiveSpace is far more rational 

That is my point exactly, what should be written as a reply under the topic: Tips, Tricks and Cool things to do with your HFS. (have not  yet been made)
Along with your playlist sharing offcourse  ;)

:-[ I`ll make you proud of my hfs skills one day TCube :'( But not just today, now i`ll have to go to sing some lullaby :P
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND