rejetto forum

way to view archive folder

radd · 9 · 4832

Offline radd

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
this is what my friend say, "archive folder should be place outside the folder, so people can download it before o[en the folder." i think she was right.

we can see in terayon and ToG, file such as mp3, wmv and jpg have special links (called quicklinks and extra). im thinking of having a link to ~folder.tar?recursive for folder that display such that. surely we can just add that link, but the problem is if the folder set not to allow archive download, the link is still present. so, if visitor click on this link, it will point to error page.

what im trying to say is, is there any way to only view the link for folder that archivable, and hide for non-archivable folder. any ideas?

thanks

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
If you had a folder with many items, you could spare the time it requires to open it. It should be a simple template change to place the 'archive' link after the folder (or before).
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 12:36:57 AM by MarkV »
http://worldipv6launch.org - The world is different now.

Offline Giant Eagle

• Tireless poster
  • >=3 RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs.com
what im trying to say is, is there any way to only view the link for folder that archivable, and hide for non-archivable folder. any ideas?

a variable thing like %item-archive-link% inside the [folder] tag which eventually results in [archive-link]

I noticed rejetto has gone away for a while now, but lets ask this nicely when he comes back ^^

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
nice idea, i don't like having a link there if you cant decide to show it or not, thats why i haven't implemented this permanently in the Quicklinks. we need the %archive% thingo to detect if that folder is archive enabled from the outside...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 10:14:20 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline yhm_7

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
this is what my friend say, "archive folder should be place outside the folder, so people can download it before o[en the folder." i think she was right.

I think Before people download this folder he shoule get into folder to know what's in it and totle folder size.

So it's unnecessary to add link outside folder.

Offline yhm_7

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I am wrong. It's necessary.

when a folder include index.htm file in it and you have set default file mask:index.htm,people can't get into folder. Sometimes you disable "~nodefault" or it'a not known by user.