Testing build #100

rejetto · 71 · 51531

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
http:\\mooooooo/lol/~folder.tar

there. but you could have searched the thread for the answer.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
to test this new feature, just use the DEFAULT template

Offline Rafi

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
hmmm... right.. the "folder archive" print was so small, that  I didn't see it .... :( 
May be add a nice new column/buttons/links at the right side of the directory list saying - "download-archived folder" ?

BTW, something funny happened - inside this folder I wanted to archive was a file named "index.html"... HFS template  - did not browse and show the file list but opened this file instead... is it by design ?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 04:08:58 AM by Rafi »

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
HFS has a feature called Default file mask... Maybe it is set for that folder? Note this feature inherits from parent folders to subfolders, if you set it somewhere higher in your structure it may be still in effect. In HFS GUI, hover your pointer over the folder in question and read the tooltip. If it mentions something like Default file mask: index.html the option is in effect.
http://worldipv6launch.org - The world is different now.

Offline Rafi

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
yes you were right ... index.* was inherited from above. what does this mask mean anyways, and why does is cause to 'open' this file instead of listing all all them  ?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 04:34:00 AM by Rafi »

Kalle B.

About this + Folder archive...  :-\

It is just what I've need for so long, BUT when someone happens to click this link on my VFS root, it freezes my HFS for many hours. HFS starts scanning though my hundreds of gigabytes of data...some of which are on network drives (perhaps the biggest reason). So indeed there should be a way to 1) Disable it for some folders and 2) make it not recursive.

Kalle B.

Update to my last post:

The slow-down problem I reported in my last post was actually caused by the usage of the network drives... everything works great now that I hid all of those folders. But I still think there is need for another menu item to disable the downloading of the whole folder. And maybe something should be improved in the way HFS handles resources starting with "\\" as it currently freezes the program slightly also in normal browsing ...some kind of simplified way (not trying to find out file sizes and attributes) of accessing them perhaps?

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
~folder.tar is not recursive?, it will only work for the current files within the folder, the rest i agree.

You must be using ~folder.tar?recursvie or something....

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
was does this mask mean anyways, and why does is cause to 'open" this file instead of listing all all them  ?

your "why" is the answer to your "what does".
why? it's exactly what it does, some people need it, some doesn't ;)

It is just what I've need for so long, BUT when someone happens to click this link on my VFS root, it freezes my HFS for many hours.

i think the same happens when you click "file list". isn't true?
the problem is file listing, and the archive needs the file list to work.

And maybe something should be improved in the way HFS handles resources starting with "\\" as it currently freezes the program slightly also in normal browsing ...some kind of simplified way (not trying to find out file sizes and attributes) of accessing them perhaps?

there is no simplified way i'm aware of.

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
yes you were right ... index.* was inherited from above. was does this mask mean anyways, and why does is cause to 'open" this file instead of listing all all them  ?

This feature is only useful if you're serving a webpage with HFS. index.* means: IF there is a file called index.* (ATM index.htm[l]) DO serve it in place of the folder index. If you're not serving any websites, just remove the index.*.
http://worldipv6launch.org - The world is different now.

Offline Rafi

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
there is no simplified way i'm aware of.
I'm aware of several ways (not sure they are simple...)
1. give a global option if to  archive net drives or not
2. have the possibility to flag each of the HFS folders if to be included or not when archiving (defaults to yes)
3. give the possibility to enable-disable archiving on a login-user level

8)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 04:47:56 AM by Rafi »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
that's not exactly what i was talking about... indeed this wouldn't solve the problem for a full archive

Kalle B.

It is just what I've need for so long, BUT when someone happens to click this link on my VFS root, it freezes my HFS for many hours.
i think the same happens when you click "file list". isn't true?
the problem is file listing, and the archive needs the file list to work.
Yes, ~files.lst?recursive freezes HFS too if the network drives are visible, ~files.lst obviously doesn't. It's exactly the same thing as with ~folder.tar?recursive and ~folder.tar ..recursive makes it freeze.

If there is no any other way for HFS to gather the file listing from the network drive, then there is not much to be done..

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
how hard is the freezing? does HFS become unusable?
i may try to find a multithreading solution.

Offline Rafi

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
just an idea - an option for multiple-files rar... so you can start download while it's still looking for the rest of the files...