• View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 12:30:38 PM by TSG »

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Hell and danation, tsg makes its big return, prepare the fire hose  ;D

@TSG : Welcome among us for this big return. ;)

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Spoke to Richard the other day.

His excuses for being absent from the internet are lame, addicted to WoW, busy with work... etc. But his points are valid.

Basically he has lost motivation for RAWR-Designs, and I have too. Without the support, it is basically time, effort AND money, with no gain. When you spend a work week programming and designing websites... you don't feel like spending your weekend at the computer slaving away on open source projects! It was fine when we were playing during university and unemployment, but now its just, extra work. I am sure rejetto has felt the same way about HFS at some point.

I want to get RAWR-Designs, out of just HFS projects and onto other things... that may benefit HFS templates, but not specific to HFS. Maybe this can still happen. I'll release the latest updates when I get them done. The website is not going anywhere. It may change slightly, I might move it to a free server (my work server)... to at least eliminate that problem, but Richard still wanted to keep it where it is for now. ToG, RAWR-Template, Terayon are all 'bug fixed' and updated. Live needs its new features 'sorted out' I implemented half of them then dropped it...

But this is what has been going on, and why our templates have fallen behind HFS Beta's capabilities.

And can I ask one more thing. When people post on the forum asking a question, can the community actually answer the questions? Most posts wait for either us or rejetto to answer... and this is hardly fair. I applaud those that put in the effort to help out the community and answer questions.

Motivate me.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 12:32:55 PM by TSG »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Do as you feel.
I'm not always on HFS. Some weeks i'm out, some days i'm in. I don't even always do what's better for the project. It's an hobby, isn't it?
Continue as you like what you are doing, and mostly try to do it the way you like it.
And when you decide to give up, if you don't want to waste your past work, find someone to carry on, or let them find you. ;)

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Yes it is a hobby, but silentpliz and I let us watch that rejetto does not fall asleep too much so that the versions turn(shoot) rather often. :D :D

Offline TCube

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
@ TSG,

Got u'r point  ;) and I guess u'r right.

The amount of work needed to keep up with HFS capabilities as Mars says (he likes 2 keep them on a really fast turnover rythm) and Rejetto thinking "why should users need less capabilities when more is offered ?" : all this makes a difficult choice for U and Richard in terms of time consomption (Live/RAWR/Terayon/ToG)

Yeah, U should point at the lastest HFS version needed for your templates and basta !
(personnally stopped at 160 right before Ajax)

... and move on .... 2 the beach for instance  - well damn it isn't summer time "down under" yet ;)

Sincerely
Tcube

p.s :
I can resist  : i.e  "tsg makes its big return"  ;D     Second time I mention that's a "sixth grade" mistake. A person is neither an animal or an object. Keep it up Mars ( "Assistant Translator" !?!?!)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 06:35:21 PM by TCube »
Make it idiot-proof and I will make a better idiot

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
It may not be summertime but where I live we are getting 25 degree Celsius days. We only get ~4weeks of cold (where's my jumper?) and it rarely drops below 15 during the day. Part of why I love Queensland Australia :)