rejetto forum

Use Template as normal html Website?

Guest · 6 · 3331

Thomas

Hello,

i had use HTF for a long time and are very satisfied with this solution. Now I have change my IT setup and implement a NAS (NSLU2). On this NAS can run a webserver (apache). Now I want use the templates at this point. Is this possible? My main use is the possibility to browse in real folders and see thumbnails or view viedeo, hear music. This is for my kids a very usefull setup and I have no double data (original Picture / Website pictures). I appreciate a positiv answer.

regads, Thomas

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
hi thomas.
a basic apache is not meant to do what HFS does.
you won't be able to use templates unless you opt for a php solution.
and even in this case, you won't be able to use rawr templates.

Thomas

Hi Rejetto,

thanks for repley. Yes I can insatall Apache, php and mySQL. If I understand you correct under these requirements I can use the templates, but how? I think the templates use some of you internat variables. What I need is the first step to transform a template into the new environment, all other can I find by "try and error".

regards, Thomas

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
php is only an "enviroment" to run software.
you must install a php software that will do what you need to get any useful result.
to know more on usage and templates in this case, you will have to refer to the developers, since i don't even know the software we are talking about. :)
i created HFS because apache is not so easy for this. (but you may find an easier solution as package based on apache)

i doubt you will find around a php software compatible with the same templates you find in HFS. it will have its own.

Offline Karmashock

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
A means of easily customizing templates to meet specific needs should be a priority though.

Perhaps let people use regular HTML for the homepage and then they can use a link to get to the file portion. That way this can be more then a means of quickly hosting some files on the internet and could instead become a quick way to start a personal page on the internet.

Just an idea. :)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
it depends on the kind of customization you want to achieve.
but since HFS 2.3 relies solely on external files for the template, such a feature may be considered a separated project/software.
HFS will notice changes and automatically updates instantly.
The server itself should be kept light.
we are actually off topic here.