rejetto forum

Passwords don't work under ftp?

Guest · 5 · 4732

JeremyB796

EDIT: Rewrote the whole thing...

I am having a lot of difficulty with FTP- At first I couldn't get it to start (so I run it manually and installed the service :P)
I was able to log in through the anonymous user account (which I disabled as I didn't need it)

However, on the admin account AND any account created, the password doesn't work and I cannot for the life of me figure it out.

Thank for any help.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 10:19:00 PM by JeremyB796 »

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
  • I'm only trying to help i mean no offense.
    • View Profile
    • My HFS Google Drive Shared Link
yes, windows 8 is still to new of an operating system for there service side, the program needs admin acess to run as a service and windows 8 is blocking them as they aren't windows progrmas..., if you go to the startup folder (hard to do in widnows 8, you can add them to open at boot.

startup folder:
http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/28206/windows-8-how-to-add-applications-startup-folder/

or report this issue to filezilla (stunnel idk..i use it...) and they will update it when they can. its windows 8, not the program. I have encounterd this when i was in the beta....
Files I have snagged and share can be found on my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qb4INX2pzsjmMT06YEIQk9Nv5jMu33tC?usp=sharing

JeremyB796

I edited the topic...so stunnel can go pound salt...

I got firesilla working as a service and all, but passwords are still an issue.

Is there a probable cause in a setting or simply user error?

JeremyB796

OMG I AM A DUNCE!

User Error All The Way!!!

I hadn't realized that you had to enable it from the HTTP website!
My apologize.

Offline raybob

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • FileSplat.com
Yeah I considered making an option where you could register your account for just FTP or just HTTP or both at the beginning but it never came to fruition... glad you figured it out!