rejetto forum

Added DivX/Avi player to Terayon v1.3.2 theme

Guest · 46 · 41368

Offline slasherx

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi, first i'm very afraid for my bad "google translate :P" english.
i'm Francesco and it's shortly that i try to use Hfs with this tamplate.
Trying to improve the avi streaming i only replaced the original "terayon_prewievbox.fs" and the " .tpl" with the slasherx's posted files.
Is enough? Because now i see a new icon near .avi files but if i clik it under firefox nothing happens and under IE appears a blank divx player windows and the browsers say that i must install divx plugin.
I already have installed the request pugin but the same happens again whenever...

Thanks for the attenction and for the great job!!

again sorry for the english.. :)

i hope in a possible solution
Bye

Welcome to the forums,

make sure you allow anonymous access to your video folder other wise it will not play with web divx player.
and use Internet explorer.

also make sure your web divx player works go to this site and make sure video plays.
Code: [Select]
http://www.stage6.com/

Offline mysoogal

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
its amazing nobody mentions that vlc media player can be embedded into html php etc and can stream everything mkv ETC

:-\

why bother making support for each extension type wmv, avi,mp4 etc when you can have one player that accepts all videos and audio. and plus its supported in every single operating system there is, linux,xp,mac,all types of linux distros  :-\

its strange that i am the only person whom is thinking about such thing while the whole open source community is always talking about open source software but none of them are promoting it strange really  ;D

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
I used VLC as my video player until Windows 7, the video smoothing doesn't work properly so its all pixelly. But I guess they will fix it. We considered VLC years ago but scrapped the idea for some reason...

I guess like divx web player it requires the plugin to be installed. I have also read that VLC requires sending a JavaScript API and settings file for the actual embedded player... which increases load times for the templates, these other methods require no such thing.

VLC doesn't work with some quicktime videos and rmvb. They glitch like crazy anyway. But its no issue really.

The main problem at the moment is no time.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 07:04:24 AM by TSG »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i'm not sure i got it. are you suggesting to replace the flash video player with a vlc-thing ?
(i use vlc as my main video player)

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Just for other formats I guess, too much work went into the flash player not to use it. I still doubt we will do it. The javascript overhead is a concern.

Offline slasherx

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
its amazing nobody mentions that vlc media player can be embedded into html php etc and can stream everything mkv ETC

:-\

why bother making support for each extension type wmv, avi,mp4 etc when you can have one player that accepts all videos and audio. and plus its supported in every single operating system there is, linux,xp,mac,all types of linux distros  :-\

its strange that i am the only person whom is thinking about such thing while the whole open source community is always talking about open source software but none of them are promoting it strange really  ;D

would be great, if you can get it implemented and post the solution. VLC is my primary media player i use.

I share my movies and stuff with family friends on my server so have vlc for mkv files would be great.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Just for other formats I guess, too much work went into the flash player not to use it. I still doubt we will do it. The javascript overhead is a concern.

but doesn't it require you to install VLC ?
everyone has flash, but can't say the same for vlc.
i mean... how compatible is this method

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
I haven't tried it, but from reading posts here and on the internet it seems to only work with internet explorer and sometimes in mozilla, i have no idea bout the other browsers out there. I wont try to implement it till i see it confirmed working.

Offline slasherx

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
For me IE and Safari work, Firefox use to work at times not any more.

Offline mysoogal

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
its very easy to install Videolan plug-in, the only thing you need to do is pick the Full installation option during the install process. look in picture below.

this will install vlc plug-in for IE and Mozilla browser. now that isn't very hard it takes few seconds to install everything. and i can tell you that the vlc plug-in loads very fast TSG it really runs fast even when its being embedded on HFS template.

OK now here is the proof that it works on HFS and runs pretty fast

and this is the code as attached file

and here is the firefox browser loading it fast and nothing it just works.

you can check how fast vlc player loads using only the HFS template and the vlc javascript

http://hss.hopto.org/  i didnt enable the vlc command yet for the file section. but you can see how fast it loads. its very much possible to make a stage6 clone out of HFS now that mencoder and ffmpeg have support in HFS 2.3 it just takes a very smart coder in javascript and html css, hfs coding.

:D note im not very good with javascript nor php html css, i just like dreamweaver :P
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 04:58:27 PM by Mars »

Offline mysoogal

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i just fixed the issue now i can play videos on firefox to :D everything is working fine  ;D
only thing left is the thumb css gallery type of layout  ;D

i will release the code and all the files i will make it really easy to undertand  ;D. and to that poster Yes now you can play Mkv files through HFS on the template  :D

Offline slasherx

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Very nice work mate, this way all video files have to be in root directory? I just tested it, video didn't load but then again i need to go to bed. I will try again.

Possible to implement this in the rawr template would be pretty sweet.

My Setup is files divided in catagories and stuff.

Would be cool vlc plugin with rawr template in spawn box.

My set is like this right now

« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 12:56:49 PM by slasherx »

Offline mysoogal

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Very nice work mate, this way all video files have to be in root directory? I just tested it, video didn't load but then again i need to go to bed. I will try again.

Possible to implement this in the rawr template would be pretty sweet.

My Setup is files divided in catagories and stuff.

Would be cool vlc plugin with rawr template in spawn box.

My set is like this right now

yes that is possible in RAWR you would just copy the vlc player embed code and place it somewhere in top before folders, and look for [file] and replace it with the code from the video template, yes i know the issue with folder dont worry videos don't have to be in root they can be in folder, Now the fix for that is to copy all the vlcControls.zip files into each folder you create, so when you load for example Video folder, the vlc javascript is asking for the js files to be inside this folder. but there is a issue here.

please check this post, http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=7161.0

everything works good on firefox, but IE having isssue about this
<a href="#" onClick="vlc_controls.play ('%item-url%')"%new%>%item-name%</a>

if you want to fix this issue for IE, you will need to put the full url path like this

<a href="#" onClick="vlc_controls.play ('http://yoursite.com/%item-url%')"%new%>%item-name%</a>

i'm not sure i have to ask rej for help here or TSG, another issue is that here %item-url% before this i need to know how to get the current new folder when i'm viewing lets say newfolder. so it should be like this newfolder/%item-url%

just to note if you leave this out like this
everything works good on firefox, but IE having isssue about this
<a href="#" onClick="vlc_controls.play ('%item-url%')"%new%>%item-name%</a>

this will only work on firefox. :-\

Offline slasherx

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Use %item-full-url%.

That works with IE & Firefox also safari

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 05:34:19 AM by slasherx »