rejetto forum

Sometimes the program is buggy ver. 2.3m build 300

surikat · 25 · 14476

Offline surikat

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Sometimes the program is buggy. I can't even open the program from a minimized ! This happens when I often use browsers, open instant messengers and much more .. The program just stops working. What could be the reason ? After restarting the PC, everything is fine. Maybe it's time to reinstall the operating system? I use the latest version of 2.3 m build 300

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
  • I'm only trying to help i mean no offense.
    • View Profile
    • My HFS Google Drive Shared Link
Sounds like a resource management problem on your end. Hfs required a lot of ram. Instant messenger is also high resource intensive. It not a surprise to see hfs slow down based on what your doing along side hfs...
Files I have snagged and share can be found on my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qb4INX2pzsjmMT06YEIQk9Nv5jMu33tC?usp=sharing

Offline surikat

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Have one RAM card in 4 GB. Busy like no more than 50%.
I will try to install another card 4 GB in two threads.
I think 8 GB is the ceiling! I'm not playing games.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 11:00:32 PM by surikat »

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
1-2 gb to get the windows open off the ground.
1-2 gb for hfs alone(this doesn't include multiple connections from 4+ PC, general lan use.

chrome can take 512mb-2gb ram
Instant messenger at Mon is 640-1gb
All dependant on what your doing and how your PC handles the resources. I've seen hfs with my max bandwith and a totlat of 100+ connection hot 8 gb. That just a baseline.

The point I'm making is your running a literal server, serves require resource, when you take from that resouce they don't act right.

A Mon for your PC these day should be 8gb (as most software developer and antivirus/office application no longer care about the min or max resource. And I can almost guarantee if you were to run all the app you'd run out of the resources.

You can cheat for speed with the page file(use your hd for ram)...
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/simple-ways-to-increase-your-computers-performace-configuring-the-paging-file/amp/

But physical ram is better. Also if your hitting 50% anything your PC at it maximum load, anything else and things starting fighting for resource.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qb4INX2pzsjmMT06YEIQk9Nv5jMu33tC?usp=sharing

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Sometimes the program is buggy. I can't even open the program from a minimized ! This happens when I often use browsers, open instant messengers and much more .. The program just stops working. What could be the reason ? After restarting the PC, everything is fine. Maybe it's time to reinstall the operating system? I use the latest version of 2.3 m build 300

1. how often does it happen?
2. what if you just kill the program (task manager) instead of rebooting your pc?

Offline surikat

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
1) Not very often. When I use the Yandex browser and open a couple of tabs and plus Facebook.
2) The program is not killed and not close it is not possible.  With the help of the task manager, I have not killed yet. Next time try this way.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 07:24:58 PM by surikat »

Offline surikat

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Windows as server:
You can try ccleaner, blackbird, tinywall and msconfig.  There are probably a few unnecessary items starting up along with your computer.  Also, if windows 10 is used as a server, you might want to de-populate Scheduled Tasks (defrag and disk health are good, but a hundred Microsoft-Drek© items don't need to run frequently).  Regain ownership of your own computer, then it can succeed as a server.

HFS things that you can try:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=12GRINYSKe8H-VZtpsbvJkabvdTrB48F3  The pre-release, aka HFS 299-1/2
https://rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=12055.0 A highly efficient retro template, consumes less resources.

Yes, I use Windows 10 as a server. What does it mean to de-populate Scheduled Tasks? How to do it?

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
CCleaner
https://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

Under tools schedule task, disable any unnecessary task(would does 10 almost all...

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
Yes, I use Windows 10 as a server. What does it mean to de-populate Scheduled Tasks? How to do it?
Perhaps you could check THIS list, that gives you an description for every task found on Windows 10, and help you decide turning off some unneeded scheduled tasks. Also this video could help you (I haven't viewed): Disable scheduled tasks on Windows 10.

But before anything, you should start following THIS guide (or any of this or this another more extensive guides), since disabling Telemetry and other Data Collection (included on Windows 10), will speed up your Windows performance and it will free up your memory RAM.

This or this utility could also help you (you have a list of similar utilities here).

Report back if any of this has help you to make Windows faster, and less buggy. ;)
HFS in Spanish (HFS en Español) / How to compile HFS (Tutorial)
» Currently taking a break, until HFS v2.4 get his stable version.

Offline surikat

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

I have disabled all telemetry and data collection as well. A couple of days was kind of normal. The memory was freed by 5-6%.

Today I just used the browser Firefox and surfing on the site Aliexpress and did nothing else. HFS has stopped working!

With previous versions, this has never happened before..!

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
What anto virus r u running?

Defualt template (no chages or adpatations?)

What firewall...???

Again I have no issues with the current stable build. This still seems to be a resource error.(potentially a bad old ised me or stick.

I would required the event viewer log file to diagnose this further.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 12:15:01 PM by bmartino1 »

Offline surikat

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

Protection against viruses and threats from windows only. And I turned it off. And the default template is unchanged.

Apparently, the problem was in some kind of virus ..

Since a week ago I clean the PC with the help of  Dr.Web CureIt and while is OK.

Offline surikat

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
 I have settings :

Speed Limit for Single address : 2500 KB/s

Max Simultaneous  downloads for single address : 4

HFS works in minimize to tray..  Still, the program sometimes crashes by itself for no apparent reason.

Is it possible to restart the program remotely? When there is no access to the PC.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 04:43:26 PM by surikat »

Offline surikat

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Options:
Remove the speed limit.
and
There's a different option (tested only slightly): 
in hfs.events file
[+download]
{.set speed limit for connection | 625.}

I can not remove the speed limit because attacks were sometimes with ip, which download with high speed. I created the file and pasted it  [+download]
{.set speed limit for connection | 625.}.
But it does not work for me.

Options:
hfs.events file
[at 4:00]
{.stop server.}
[at 4:01]
{.start server.}

I meant to close the program completely and re-open it .. Remotely. This is the only way to get rid of the freeze program.
Probably to use the timeviewer sometimes !?  :o

Or put the second RAM 4 GB increasing to 8 GB and in two threads. Will this help?
Or does it not depend on memory?  Freezing of the program occurs arbitrarily when I do not use the PC!!!

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I can not remove the speed limit because attacks were sometimes with ip, which download with high speed. I created the file and pasted it  [+download]
{.set speed limit for connection | 625.}.
But it does not work for me.

I meant to close the program completely and re-open it .. Remotely. This is the only way to get rid of the freeze program.
Probably to use the timeviewer sometimes !?  :o

Or put the second RAM 4 GB increasing to 8 GB and in two threads. Will this help?
Or does it not depend on memory?  Freezing of the program occurs arbitrarily when I do not use the PC!!!

you have to setup a Windows schedule taks that would run dailu at etc time

taskkill hfs.exe

a batch file to close then open it

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/force-close-a-program-which-task-manager-cannot-terminate/amp