rejetto forum

Flash Template

Offline shadowtheultimate

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Dear Rejetto,

Would it be possible to make a Flash-based template for hfs? I'm interested in making one but I need to know if it's possible along with any core files I'd need to start me off.
Also, would you be able to tell me how to view thumbnail previews for images using the RAWR-Template 0.1.3? I tried to get in contact with RAWR but I didn't get anything back.

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 01:29:39 AM by shadowtheultimate »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
no wonder, RAWR guys are mostly not active, but you may eventually get a late reply.

i don't know what you need on your side, try making a specific request.
Anyway, version 2.3 (you find it on the forum, published as a beta) is using a default template that is largely based on AJAX, so i hope you won't face any limit with flash.

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Oh also. I changed the background of my http with the rawr template. I added a picture of Rin Kagamine on the bottom left side of the screen. However i noticed that when i go to my site on my iPhone i'm unable to scroll to the left to see her. Same goes for when I make the size of my browser window smaller. Is there something in the code that would allow me to change that so she is seen all the time? Even if i'd have to scroll to the left. Go to Rinsfileserver.info if you wanna see what i mean.

Thanks again :)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
try lowering the max-width on the #mainInner

nice template :)

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
I never received any message...

You will run into issues trying to develop a flash based template, but I know some that have succeeded long ago. Just don't try to do flash upload unless you intend to allow an unprotected folder in the root (some issue that stopped us from enabling mass upload with flash). I wouldn't bother though honestly. Flash just breaks your usability and accessibility, it's better for small objects.

What you ask is tricky CSS wise, there isn't a real easy way to explain it unfortunately, and multiple ways you could possibly try to do it. That positioning you have at the moment only really works for the body background element, and this is also the cause of your scrollbar problem, unless you accommodated for that with some padding on the left/right of the body itself, then remove the max/min-width on the inner elements (change it to a fixed width of about 960px) so it holds a steady width. Then.. with the bg image you would want it to be the same width of the total minimum width of the page content... that might work. Template is fairly kawaii now lol.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 12:19:10 PM by TSG »

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Then.. with the bg image you would want it to be the same width of the total minimum width of the page content... that might work. Template is fairly kawaii now lol.

I tried figuring out where to do this in the coding but i cant seem to find it. What exactly would i be changing? (code wise)
And thanks xD