rejetto forum

video preview

Offline gangooparsad

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
well the same question once again...any idea how i can enable video preview in TOG template 4.0.1?

just liek the preview i can do in MP3 file....

can you also please tell me where i have to insert the code? i am have no exp with html coding and stuff..

thanks alot

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Well I am slightly confused, but 4.0.1 has the new FLV player in it doesn't it?

Offline gangooparsad

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
u mean that i need to conver the video to FLV so it can preview?

just like the MP3 preview?

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Yes, we warned for a long time that we were cutting support for the DivX Web Player, when Stage 6 went down it ended the work on the DivX Web Player, and there was a few bugs that people consistently complained about. None of which we could fix on our end. So the player was removed completely. The only way to view video now is with the new FLV player.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
afaik, latest flash player includes support for mp4.
a friend of mine said me the quality/size is much greater than flv.

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Yes I heard that flash player supports h.264 now or something. It might be worth looking into during my Christmas holidays. I will be moving interstate though, so who knows when I will have time to study ActionScript 3, I will try though :)

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Just to bump this thread, I read today that it might be possible to play mp4 files with AS2, in that case I might not need to rebuild the player to get it enabled... It will however require some thought. I will try this once university is finished in a couple of weeks.

EDIT:
OMG I HAVE IT WORKING, ok it uses the same code as FLV, so I will have to re-configure the player and release a new version that supports mp3, mp4, 3gp, m4a, mov and flv.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 08:31:04 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline chthonic

• Tireless poster
  • I own the copyright to this image... "Back Off!"
    • View Profile
just to point out hte lack of resolution on this subject..

NO the player was not "fully" included with TOG 4.01 it only has the SWF file but none of the .as files

it would be helpful is a set of instruction were available to resolve this issue... just in case ;D

[update]

ok... I got hte thing working.... just one question..... how do we size it? I have a test vid that is set for 480x200 dimension.. and all I get is an annoying square player box... kinda makes it pointless to view the video if you cant seit for he right dimensions... its bad enough that flash is very dark on a CRT screen and wont respect the overlay settings....

you guys are just not havng much luck with this player..
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 09:01:35 PM by chthonic »

Offline gangooparsad

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
ok...hmm the FLV works fine. thanks for that... can you suggest a flv converter which can convert in high quality and also the soze is bigger than 320-340

thanks

Offline chthonic

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Riva FLV is good and free.. but it wont matter which dimension its set for if the player is hard coded for a specific size

Offline FRENCH CAN CAN

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
ok...hmm the FLV works fine. thanks for that... can you suggest a flv converter which can convert in high quality and also the soze is bigger than 320-340

thanks
The best converter I know is " Ultra WMV MPEG AVI to FLV Converter " you can set the high-quality, video size etc. the only problem is that you pay $ 29.00, but it is worth buy.

You can download from the link below:

http://www.aone-soft.com/wmv_mpeg_avi_to_flv_converter.htm

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
A half decent free, and kinda easy to use program to convert to and from FLV is Super (C) http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html. It can do all sorts of things. You can only download it in IE and some other crazy stuff but once you get it, its a handy tool to have. I personally like Sorenson Squeeze, it was what was used at the place I worked at for a bit, but it is very expensive.

As for size (chthonic), the player is hard coded at 320x240, or 320x270 if you include the height of the player interface. There is a variable that can manually change it to widescreen, but is impossible to change the size BEFORE loading the player initially.  This is because websites that DO change for the size of the video have a server side variable stored, and the javascript simply reads that. So its not that we arent having any luck, its just time constraints this year restricting the amount of time we have to play with other things.

I am going to attempt to get the RAWR-Player to recognise the height and the width value, you can feed back that information and more from the metadata so I can only assume you can get those values out of there. This will then send a message to the javascript to reload the player using those settings, maybe a math equation is needed so instead of resizing it simply changes the aspect ratio automatically. You have to remember that the player is intended as a preview, not to sit and watch, but a fullscreen option will enable this :). I am trying to add a fullscreen option aswell, and a playlist enabled video interface. We may also include a new version of the preview box code that is object oriented and runs a lot smoother than the current one.

So far I have only had time to make it enabled with the 6 readable formats in the latest flash player mp3, mp4, 3gp, m4a, mov and flv. Please make sure if you want to use mp4, 3gp or mov, that you use the H.264 codec. Otherwise the audio may play but there will be no video playback, this is due to flash only reading H.264 codec.  I am busy playing Fallout 3 in my spare time and working on my final 2 assignments for the year, plus there is about 3 other games coming out in the next few weeks that I have been looking forward to. I need some time to sit back and game or watch TV or I will go insane lol.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 06:31:32 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline chthonic

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile

gangooparsad1

eagerly awaiting!

same!, also i have been playing command and conquer red Alert 3....the hell march 3 sound track and cinematics are amazing this time.

ohh and i totally dislike this new visual verifcation thing...but i understand the need to control spammers!

Offline chthonic

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I only got he verification because my link didnt list me as logged in