rejetto forum

wma playback? plz help, thankz alot

Offline shinichikey

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
i am really to ask this, but i tried everything to playback the wma file on the server, but can't. So if anybody know how to to it, plz help me, i am really appreciate it. Thankz alot.

Offline Giant Eagle

• Tireless poster
  • >=3 RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs.com
Sorry, this is not possible. Not using the preview box we use in all the templates. The web version of the windows media player can not be dynamically removed from the page, if you do try this, it will result in a browser-crash.

WMA could only work if you spawn a new player for every file, this idea has been abandoned for a long time aswell because it consumes a very high amount of CPU and RAM on the client-side. This aswell will result in a browser-crash if you have a lot of WMA files in one folder.

Offline Metaltailz

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
It may be true that using WMP will put too much of a toll on the server computer, but isn't it possible to extend the playback capabilities of your flash player to include WMA files? Also shouldn't it be possible to change how the template calls the DivX web player so that it will play WMV files?
Current Project: Template based on Windows Home Server

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
No flash cannot play WMA files, probably due to DRM. And no the divx web player will not play WMV to my knowledge, probably DRM also. WMP wont put too much stress on the server, but the client.  If you had searched the board you would have seen that we have already explained all of this before. I can personally say that i do not have any wma or wmv media cause they are just M$ shitty copies of already fine codecs.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 05:57:47 PM by That_Stevens_Guy »