rejetto forum

Upload template and Thunderchicken

Guest · 10 · 6505

TheRoss

Hey guys.. i could need some help from you..
I'm running thunderchicken on my HFS, but i don't have any upload function...
can anybody send me a default thunderchicken template file with the upload function?
Ur help would be great.
Thx
Ross

TheRoss

hmm. never mind.. already found hot to make the upload happen.. petty that you can only choose "upload" when you're in the upload folder.. would be better is it was in the main navigation so that everybody could see it, and don't have to look for any upload folder  :-[
greetz

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
would be better is it was in the main navigation so that everybody could see it, and don't have to look for any upload folder  :-[

That would be nice, but im not sure how that could be implemented without it being too hard for the end user to set up.

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Sorry guys i was going to post ages ago but got caught up with something else...

TheRoss, you want to have a upload form in the upload enabled folder? instead of clicking on the Upload Files button? we can do that... its been done in the Terayon.

I just haven't done this cause it uses javascript and i wanted an upload method that still uses the HFS default method to upload. I will have a play with the method used in the Terayon for the next build... maybe.... im more concerned about the previews and login page at this time... i am also getting the ToG to use the new Terayon module code, you'll see what i mean by that later...

Offline radd

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i think what theross talking is having a link to upload in the HOME page, am i right? atm you cannot enable upload at the root , because u can only enable upload to Real Folders. hfs root, which is home is not a Real Folder. what im suggestint is to put a folder name Upload set it to upload enabled and put it as root. if u dont want it looks like ordinary folder, hide it and in navigation add another links to "/upload". this is what i can think atm.

by the way, if im not mistaken rejetto already talking about having new way to diminish the Real/Virtual Folder system. so in the future you might set upload at the root, and my idea will be irrelevent at that time.

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
you can upload to the root folder, you just have to bind it to a real folder first ;)

Offline radd

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
you can upload to the root folder, you just have to bind it to a real folder first ;)
haah! since this feature available? shame on me.. haha

in that case, use terayon template and youre all done!

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs

dont say that radd... ;)

We are coming up with a team logo and name. Giant Eagle and I that is.

We've been a joined force since the beginnings of the Terayon and the very early stages of the ToG, most of the code and design in both templates are joined efforts. So we think its about time we make up a logo and team name...

Offline radd

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile

dont say that radd... ;)

We are coming up with a team logo and name. Giant Eagle and I that is.

We've been a joined force since the beginnings of the Terayon and the very early stages of the ToG, most of the code and design in both templates are joined efforts. So we think its about time we make up a logo and team name...

sorry if u feel uncomfortable. what im talking about is older version of terayon already have upload form associate in the page. i havent really look into ToG, so i couldnt say much about it, can i? but i know many people love ToG, and u also involved in terayon. you should receive credit as well.

and about the joining of ToG and terayon as one, i really will look forward it. it must be a great2 template ever. but please this time think of some more commercial-able name and logo :D. just for fun

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
We plan to keep the templates separate, both templates have different purposes, and suit different servers, bandwidths and tastes. We are just going continue the way we are with the creation of templates.

I am designing the logo, its only in beta stages at the moment, same with the name.

The main reason we want a team name, is so credit is given for both templates and other creations in an easy way. Cause if you haven't noticed, the "ToG Team" is the way we refer in the ToG, the Thumbnail and Template Generator is a dual project and so is alot of the scripts we create. So we need a single name and logo we can place in both open source templates, just to give due credit to both of us as authors.

:P its ok radd i was being sarcastic, the Terayon is a very nice template aswell... well not atm, but it will be by the next build, trust me.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 04:26:43 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »